Ericsson Orchestration Senior Developer
YOU + Ericsson a powerful combination
A connected world is just the beginning. Your passion determines what comes next! Apply your ideas and insights to empowering people, business and society.
Discover what makes YOU + ERICSSON a powerful combination.
Ericsson Hungary is looking for Senior Developers for the Cloud Orchestration area.
Ericsson Cloud Manager (ECM) is a cloud management system that handles the life-cycle management of virtual applications. It also enables the creation, orchestration, activation, and monitoring of services running on virtualized IT and programmable network resources at consistent levels of quality. With ECM, cloud resources are no longer confined to a single data center, but rather are spread throughout the network, to help improve both internal operations and service quality. ECM also provides a secure GUI that enables provider administrators, tenant administrators, subtenant administrators and tenant/subtenant users to create, manage and monitor their virtual resources.
ECM is now evolving into the Ericsson Orchestrator (EO), with separate modules for Common VNFM (Virtual Network Functions Manager), NFVO (Network Functions Virtualization Orchestrator), WANO (Wide Area Network Orchestrator) and SO (Service Orchestrator) including network slicing support for 5G networks. We are transforming the product into a cloud native offering, by breaking it down to microservices, containerizing and migrating them to Kubernetes. Orchestration built on this new platform will provide significant improvement of the install and upgrade experience, support for Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Deployment (CD), facilitate one-track development and use of components (3PP as well as inner source) from the Application Development Platform (ADP), closed loop service assurance and analytics support, increased compliance to ETSI standards and Open Networking Automation Platform (ONAP) support, among others.
The Ericsson Orchestration Program is multi-national, having teams contributing from Ireland, Hungary, Italy, Sweden, Ukraine and India. We are now adding a new team for the EO evolution work focusing on NFVO and also strengthening the existing three teams in Budapest, Hungary.
We are looking for senior Java developers to work in one of these teams in close collaboration with other teams, developers, testers, product owners and system engineers.
- Take part in the development of the assigned Ericsson Orchestration product or platform features in a fast-paced, highly collaborative, agile development environment, on an evolving platform, targeting a fully containerized service offering based on microservices architecture.
- Design, refinement, planning, development, integration, testing, test automation and coordination of the product features.
- Senior (min. 5 years) software development experience in the design, development, testing and test automation of a large-scale enterprise application.
- The ideal candidate is a full stack developer, familiar with both backend and frontend (UI) design concepts and technologies.
- Expert knowledge of microservices-based SW architecture.
- Expert knowledge of Cloud Computing and virtualization technologies (e.g. OpenStack, NFV).
- Expert knowledge of container platforms (e.g. Docker) and container orchestration (e.g. Kubernetes).
- Expertise in testing, troubleshooting and bug fixing in a complex environment.
- At least intermediate English, both in writing and spoken.
- The ability to work in a fast-paced, highly collaborative, agile development environment.
- Providing technical leadership and mentorship to less experienced team members.
- Java, Java EE, EJB, Web Services, JMS
- Java EE Application Servers: JBoss, Oracle WebLogic
- Databases: JDBC/JTA, PL/SQL
- XML Technologies: XSD, XSLT, XPath, etc.
- UML, data modeling, schema modeling, SOA
- Web application test automation skills and tools knowledge (e.g. Selenium)
- Linux/x86 (RedHat preferable), Sun Solaris, HP-UX Itanium
- Container platforms (Docker) and container orchestration (Kubernetes)
- Telecom/IT industry standards (e.g. ONAP, ETSI NFV, ETSI MANO)
What we offer:
- Flexible working hours
- High standard working environment (recreation room, bicycle storage, parking lots…)
- Easily accessible location
- Competitive compensation package, wide range of cafeteria elements, annual bonus
- International career opportunities
- Great team spirit, fun events
- Professional communities
- Extensive professional development opportunities
- Subsidized language courses
- Mobile with 4G, laptop
- Local medical service
- Relocation support
What you need to know about Recruitment at Ericsson?
As a first step within our selection process, you will be asked to fill out our technical tests based on your experience and preference to work in.
The candidates who best match the criteria for the position, will move on to the next step in the process – the interview.
Ericsson is a world-leading provider of telecommunications equipment & services to mobile & fixed network operators. Over 1,000 networks in more than 180 countries use Ericsson equipment, & more than 40 percent of the world's mobile traffic passes through Ericsson networks. Using innovation to empower people, business & society, we are working towards the Networked Society, in which everything that can benefit from a connection will have one. At Ericsson, we apply our innovation to market-based solutions that empower people & society to help shape a more sustainable world.
We are truly a global company, working across borders in 175 countries, offering a diverse, performance-driven culture & an innovative & engaging environment where employees enhance their potential every day. Our employees live our vision & core values. They share a passion to win & a high responsiveness to customer needs that in turn makes us a desirable partner to our clients. To ensure professional growth, Ericsson offers a stimulating work experience, continuous learning & growth opportunities that allow you to acquire the knowledge & skills necessary to reach your career goals.
We welcome the opportunity to meet you!