Ericsson Orchestration Experienced Developer
Ericsson Cloud Manager (ECM) is a cloud management system that handles the life-cycle management of virtual applications. It also enables the creation, orchestration, activation, and monitoring of services running on virtualized IT and programmable network resources at consistent levels of quality. With ECM, cloud resources are no longer confined to a single data center, but rather are spread throughout the network, to help improve both internal operations and service quality. ECM also provides a secure GUI that enables provider administrators, tenant administrators, subtenant administrators and tenant/subtenant users to create, manage and monitor their virtual resources. ECM is now evolving into the Ericsson Orchestrator (EO), with separate modules for Common VNFM (Virtual Network Functions Manager), NFVO (Network Functions Virtualization Orchestrator), WANO (Wide Area Network Orchestrator) and SO (Service Orchestrator) including network slicing support for 5G networks. We are transforming the product into a cloud native offering, by breaking it down to microservices, containerizing and migrating them to Kubernetes. Orchestration built on this new platform will provide significant improvement of the install and upgrade experience, support for Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Deployment (CD), facilitate one-track development and use of components (3PP as well as inner source) from the Application Development Platform (ADP), closed loop service assurance and analytics support, increased compliance to ETSI standards and Open Networking Automation Platform (ONAP) support, among others.
The Ericsson Orchestration Program is multi-national, having teams contributing from Ireland, Hungary, Italy, Sweden, Ukraine and India. We are now adding a new team for the EO evolution work focusing on NFVO and also strengthening the existing three teams in Budapest, Hungary. We are looking for experienced Java developers to work in one of these teams in close collaboration with other teams, developers, testers, product owners and system engineers.
The candidate must be a motivated life-time learner, an experienced (3+ years) software developer with broad experience in the design, development, testing and test automation of features of a large-scale enterprise application. The ideal candidate is a full stack developer, familiar with both backend and frontend (UI) design concepts and technologies as well as containerization and microservices. The ability to work in a fast-paced, highly collaborative, agile development environment in support of short iterative cycles is a must. Flexibility in understanding changing business priorities is also key for this position.
- Proven skills in Object Oriented analysis, design and programming
- Solid knowledge of software design methodologies, libraries, frameworks, components, services, architectures and their re-use in solutions
- Experience in the development of complex features (product features, platform and framework extensions)
- Experience in building scalable, high-performance software that is also highly configurable
- Solid knowledge of Cloud Computing and virtualization technologies (e.g. OpenStack, NFV)
- Solid knowledge of container platforms (e.g. Docker) and container orchestration (e.g. Kubernetes)
- Solid knowledge of microservices-based SW architecture
- Understanding agile development frameworks and concepts, e.g. test-driven development, continuous integration, code coverage, code analysis etc.
- Experience in refining, estimating and planning of software development tasks and complex SW features
- Experience in testing, troubleshooting and bug fixing in a complex environment
- Effective interpersonal communication skills in a highly collaborative team environment
- Fluency in English language, both in writing and speech
- Self-directed work style
- Java, Java EE, EJB, Web Services, JMS
- Java EE Application Servers: JBoss, Oracle WebLogic
- Databases: JDBC/JTA, PL/SQL
- XML Technologies: XSD, XSLT, XPath, etc.
- UML, data modeling, schema modeling, SOA
- Web application test automation skills and tools knowledge (e.g. Selenium)
- Linux/x86 (RedHat preferable), Sun Solaris, HP-UX Itanium
- Container platforms (Docker) and container orchestration (Kubernetes)
- Telecom/IT industry standards (e.g. ONAP, ETSI NFV, ETSI MANO)
As a development team member, your task will be the design, refinement, planning, development, integration, testing, test automation and coordination of the assigned Ericsson Orchestration product or platform features in a fast-paced, highly collaborative, agile development environment, on an evolving platform, targeting a fully containerized service offering based on microservices architecture.
What we offer
- Flexible working hours
- High standard working environment (recreation room, bicycle storage, several parking lots…)
- Easily accessible location
- Competitive compensation package, wide range of cafeteria elements, annual bonus
- International career opportunities
- Great team spirit, fun events
- Professional communities
- Extensive professional development opportunities
- Subsidized language courses
- Mobile with 4G, laptop
- Local medical service
- Relocation support
1117 Budapest, Magyar Tudósok Körútja 11.
What you need to know about Recruitment at Ericsson?
As a first step within our selection process, you will be asked to fill out our technical tests (C, C + +, Java, Networking, Testing skills, Linux, Basic Programming) based on your experience and preference to work in.
The candidates who best match the criteria for the position, will move on to the next step in the process – the interview.
Ericsson is a world-leading provider of telecommunications equipment & services to mobile & fixed network operators. Over 1,000 networks in more than 180 countries use Ericsson equipment, & more than 40 percent of the world's mobile traffic passes through Ericsson networks. Using innovation to empower people, business & society, we are working towards the Networked Society, in which everything that can benefit from a connection will have one. At Ericsson, we apply our innovation to market-based solutions that empower people & society to help shape a more sustainable world.
We are truly a global company, working across borders in 175 countries, offering a diverse, performance-driven culture & an innovative & engaging environment where employees enhance their potential everyday. Our employees live our vision & core values. They share a passion to win & a high responsiveness to customer needs that in turn makes us a desirable partner to our clients. To ensure professional growth, Ericsson offers a stimulating work experience, continuous learning & growth opportunities that allow you to acquire the knowledge & skills necessary to reach your career goals.
We welcome the opportunity to meet you!
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.