Benefit Analyst II
We are looking for a Benefit Analyst to manage the delivery of Ericsson’s benefit enrollment, portal system and third-party data warehouse tool. This position will liaison with the outsourced service providers and carriers to ensure the administration of benefits and also provide general U.S. benefits support. The role is based in Plano, Texas reporting to the Head of Benefits for North America.
Responsibilities & Tasks
Benefits Enrollment System (35%)
- Serve as the lead person in the delivery of Ericsson’s benefits enrollment to include:
- Manage Open Enrollment project
- Routinely interacts with outsourced benefit eligibility vendor and serves as point of contact on data interfaces and working with internal stake holders as required to resolve issue
- Participates in system testing and business specification review with third party vendors
- Participates and coordinates program implementations and enhancements
- Identifies process improvements and develops procedures to implement
- Serve as a lead person in the delivery of the annual Affordable Care Act (ACA) reporting.
- Interacts with internal business units, consultants and third party service providers on daily administration of benefit programs. May include coordinating meetings and facilitating changes to benefit programs with outside service providers.
- Provide tactical administration of all benefit programs to include activities such as, but not limited to: new hire enrollments, life event changes, eligibility, deductions, plan options, policy features, claim adjudication, etc.
Benefits Portal (30%)
- Develop and maintain content governance strategy
- Review or update web page content or links in a timely manner, using appropriate tools.
- Document application and web site changes or change procedures.
- Develop or implement procedures for ongoing web site revision.
- Determine sources of web page or server problems and take action to correct such problems.
- Perform user testing or usage analysis to determine web sites' effectiveness or usability
- Identify new security groups needed to audience content
Data Warehouse (35%)
- Collects and helps leverage the information stored in a data warehouse to include: data analysis to identify data trends and data anomalies
- Execute Data Warehouse initiatives, such as data modeling, data standardization, data profiling, and data categorization
- Produce reports using the data warehouse tool. The reports may be pre-built and available for production or in some instance building a report within the data warehouse tool environment may be required.
- Gain an in-depth understanding of the business processes, source applications and source data, and use this knowledge in the design, development, and validation, quality assurance of data warehouse reports.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field is preferred
- Solid understanding of Relational Database Theory
- Aptitude to solve complex problems autonomously and attention to detail
- Experience with all aspects of employee benefit administration is preferred.
- Knowledge of HIPAA, ERISA, and other laws impacting health and welfare benefit administration.
- Experience working with healthcare data
- Knowledge of medical claims data; general structure, categories and components of medical claims
- Advanced Excel knowledge (V-lookups, pivot tables, macros, etc)
- Ability to work on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires evaluation of variable factors.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills. Able to communicate complex subjects to broad audiences, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work.
- Excellent research, analysis, problem-resolution skills
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills
- Excellent communication/people skills; ability to confidently interact with all levels of employees including senior management
- Ability to organize and prioritize work
- Proactive, service oriented mind-set
- Planning & organizing
- Following instructions & procedures
DISCLAIMER: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position. Therefore employees assigned may be required to perform additional job tasks required by the manager.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/Disabled/Veterans. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, protected veteran status, union membership or genetics information.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, protected veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Ericsson will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by Ericsson or (c) consistent with Ericsson’s legal duty to furnish information.
Employee Polygraph Protection Act Notice - Employers are generally prohibited from requiring or requesting any employee or job applicant to take a lie detector test, and from discharging, disciplining, or discriminating against an employee or prospective employee for refusing to take a test or for exercising other rights under the Act. For more information, visit https://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/eppac.pdf.
Ericsson is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified disabled individuals during the application and hiring process. Ericsson will make modifications or adjustments to the job application or interview process that will enable a qualified applicant to be considered for a position. If you require an accommodation due to a disability, please contact Ericsson at firstname.lastname@example.org or (866) 374-2272 (US) or (877) 338-9966 (Canada) for further assistance.
Primary country and city: United States (US) || || Plano || SharedServ
Req ID: 259350