4G/5G RAN Customer Support Specialist (PLM)
A Customer Support specialist is responsible for providing RAN product support for pre and post GA customer solution deployment. We mainly interact with other Global Ericsson Services Professionals, other groups within the Service Delivery organization (Customer Units and Emergency Recovery Teams), the other PLM hubs, the 4G/5G R&D organization and with customers on issues related to site engineering, configuration, nodal (eNB) and network/product faults (Software and/or Hardware).
With the implementation and deployment of 4G and 5G, the supported solutions make use of numerous technologies which add complexity but also interesting challenges to the support specialist responsibilities. The support specialist is exposed and involved with latest solutions/products/features deployment and support such as VoLTE, RDS (Radio Dot System), new radio deployment, Carrier Aggregation CAT-M/NB-IoT and 5G solutions (5G TB, NR, AAS/M-MIMO, VRAN etc.).
RESPONSIBILITIES: Based on business needs your responsibilities will include some of the following:
- Perform Trouble Shooting and Customer Support.
- Identify faults and troubleshoot according to a set of defined alternatives, and apply standard resolving processes in the network/solution/products.
- Resolve customer service requests (CSRs).
- Work with the 4G and 5G development units to define and implement technical faults resolution plans.
- Provide Emergency Recovery technical support to the ERC teams - including on-call support - in cooperation with the other PLM Hubs.
- Provide technical expertise as part of Root Cause Analysis (RCA).
- Perform Observability and Supportability assessments on Implementation Plan pre-studies.
- Provide on-site and remote technical support for CD, FFI, network/solutions deployments, Emergencies and Hot issues investigation when required.
- Drive Continuous Improvements of Products and Processes.
- May be required to travel internationally and sometimes on short notice with variable durations (10%-25%).
- Play significant role in improvement/innovation initiatives.
- Responsible for continuously keeping your competence and skills up to date.
- Actively contributes to knowledge sharing
- BSc level in a technical discipline
- Wireless communication experience (i.e.: LTE (4G) knowledge).
- Software/Hardware development (Code experience) not mandatory but considered strong assets.
- Excellent communication skills in English
- Working with People and strong ability to work in teams.
- Delivering Results and Meeting Customer Expectations
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to Develop and adapt troubleshooting documentation, strategies and tools.
DISCLAIMER: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position. Therefore employees assigned may be required to perform additional job tasks required by the manager.
Primary country and city: Canada (CA) || || Ottawa || ProdMgt
Req ID: 259281