4G LTE & 5G NR System Developer
At 4G5G RAN System Management our main task is to specify the wanted behavior of advanced radio network functions for the 4G LTE RAN and the 5G NR RAN. We also engage in 3GPP standardization, develop and use simulators to optimize signal processing algorithms, develop baseband architectures, collect and analyze data from customer networks and perform troubleshooting.
- Perform systems studies in the area of Radio Resource Management and the Radio Physical Layer for radio functions like Scheduling, Link Adaptation, Beam Forming, Massive MIMO, Carrier Aggregation, Fast Cell Coordination, Dynamic Spectrum Sharing.
- Specify new 4G and 5G system features and functions, including requirements, test cases, algorithms, use cases, parameter settings and address any interactions with legacy features and functionality.
- Develop software simulations for the performance analysis of 4G and 5G features and algorithms, both link-level and network-level simulations.
- Drive continuous improvements of products, simulation tools and processes
- Contribute to advances in LTE & 5G Standards. Update our Statement of Compliance to relevant standards.
- Contribute to Innovation and Ericsson IPR. File Invention disclosures and Patents.
- Support LTE & 5G system verification and perform analysis of test results
- Support the deployment of new LTE & 5G products and features into customer networks. Work with Customer troubleshooting and analysis. Understand customer configurations and issues.
- Work collaboratively on new features, simulations and improvements with cross-functional development teams situated locally in Ottawa as well as other teams worldwide.
- Strong background in communications theory and digital signal processing
- Strong knowledge of LTE & NR 3GPP specifications, especially in the areas of the Physical Layer, Radio Resource Management and Mobility
- Experience in SW development for Link and Network Simulations. Languages include: Java, C and C++
- Experience in the software development and analysis of simulations. Knowledge of simulation environments and tools like MATLAB would be an asset
- Analytical mindset, high capacity, result oriented and ability to deliver under pressure.
- Ability to multi-task, meet deadlines and manage many different projects at once
- Excellent English skills, both verbal and written, providing effective communication building strong relationships internally as well as externally.
- Candidate should be highly motivated, a self-starter, and a team player
- M. Sc. or Ph.D. degree in a relevant area, preferably with demonstrated experience and knowledge in the above mentioned required skills areas
Why is Ericsson a great place to work?
Ericsson is the driving force behind the Networked Society where every person and every industry is empowered to reach their full potential. Mobility, broadband and the cloud are transforming the world, enabling industries and society to provide better services, capture new opportunities, improve businesses, increase efficiency, and build new user experiences.
Our services, software and infrastructure support every major telecom operator in the world. The transformation that this brings allows people, business, and society to fulfill their potential and build a more sustainable future.
With about 101,000 employees and customers in 180 countries, we combine global scale with technology and services leadership. We support networks that connect more than 2.5 billion subscribers. 40 percent of the world’s mobile traffic is carried over Ericsson networks. And our SEK 100 billion investment in research and development over the last three years ensure that our solutions – and our customers – are at the forefront of innovation.
At Ericsson, we give our employees the freedom to think big. Your ideas and innovations can turn into achievements that impact society and change the world.
Are you ready to be a change-maker? Learn what makes YOU + Ericsson a powerful combination
DISCLAIMER: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position. Therefore employees assigned may be required to perform additional job tasks required by the manager.
Primary country and city: Canada (CA) || || Ottawa || R&D
Req ID: 259187