Technology and Industry innovation intern
YOU + Ericsson a powerful combination
A connected world is just the beginning. Your passion determines what comes next! Apply your ideas and insights to empowering people, business and society.
Discover what makes YOU + ERICSSON a powerful combination.
Ericsson Hungary is looking for Technology Intern.
Interns participating in innovation projects of the Technology unit of Ericsson Telecommunications Hungary (ETH) Research and Development (RnD). Tasks may vary from software development to system studies in the area of 5G networks, IoT networks, cloud networking, data management and generic software technology topics.
The student technology intern actively participates in all phases of the conceptualization, design and
implementation of unit projects, under the guidance of senior staff. The role includes:
• Performing software design, integration and support on next generation telecom projects.
• Support senior technical staff in the investigations.
• Write (or contribute) to technical reports, documents, patents and academic papers.
• Demonstrate and present aspects of their project work to team members and senior staff
Actual assignments are defined by the relevant project manager.
The position is only open for applicants that have (or will likely have) a valid student status in Hungary.
• Programming and scripting languages (e.g. C/C++, Java, Python, Perl)
• Internet data protocols (e.g. HTTP, XML, SOAP, REST, OSPF, DHCP) and systems
• Database Application development (e.g. MySQL, Oracle)
• Web based software design technologies (e.g. PHP, C#)
• Virtualization technology & cloud computing
• Configuration and management of a small area network (e.g. LAN)
• Design and integration of systems composed of off-the shelf hardware components
• Organized and efficient way of working
• Able to work in a team environment
• Able to communicate in English both orally and written
• Flexible and open to take on new challenges and willing to learn every day
• Timely and dependable
What we offer:
- Flexible working hours
- High standard working environment (recreation room, bicycle storage, parking lots…)
- Easily accessible location
- Competitive compensation package, wide range of cafeteria elements, annual bonus
- International career opportunities
- Great team spirit, fun events
- Professional communities
- Extensive professional development opportunities
- Subsidized language courses
- Mobile with 4G, laptop
- Local medical service
- Relocation support
What you need to know about Recruitment at Ericsson?
As a first step within our selection process, you will be asked to fill out our technical tests based on your experience and preference to work in.
The candidates who best match the criteria for the position, will move on to the next step in the process – the interview.
Ericsson is a world-leading provider of telecommunications equipment & services to mobile & fixed network operators. Over 1,000 networks in more than 180 countries use Ericsson equipment, & more than 40 percent of the world's mobile traffic passes through Ericsson networks. Using innovation to empower people, business & society, we are working towards the Networked Society, in which everything that can benefit from a connection will have one. At Ericsson, we apply our innovation to market-based solutions that empower people & society to help shape a more sustainable world.
We are truly a global company, working across borders in 175 countries, offering a diverse, performance-driven culture & an innovative & engaging environment where employees enhance their potential everyday. Our employees live our vision & core values. They share a passion to win & a high responsiveness to customer needs that in turn makes us a desirable partner to our clients. To ensure professional growth, Ericsson offers a stimulating work experience, continuous learning & growth opportunities that allow you to acquire the knowledge & skills necessary to reach your career goals.
We welcome the opportunity to meet you!
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Hungary (HU) || || Budapest || R&D
Req ID: 259149