Senior Commercial Contract Manager Ericsson Algeria
Ericsson is a world-leading provider of telecommunications equipment and services to mobile and fixed network operators. Over 1,000 networks in more than 180 countries use Ericsson equipment, & more than 40 percent of the world's mobile traffic passes through Ericsson networks. Using innovation to empower people, business & society, we are working towards the Networked Society, in which everything that can benefit from a connection will have one. At Ericsson, we apply our innovation to market-based solutions that empower people & society to help shape a more sustainable world.
We are truly a global company, working across borders in 175 countries, offering a diverse, performance-driven culture & an innovative & engaging environment where employees enhance their potential everyday. Our employees live our vision, core values & guiding principles. They share a passion to win & a high responsiveness to customer needs that in turn makes us a desirable partner to our clients. To ensure professional growth, Ericsson offers a stimulating work experience, continuous learning & growth opportunities that allow you to acquire the knowledge & skills necessary to reach your career goals.
We welcome the opportunity to meet you!
Reports to: Head of Contract Management Networks and Managed Services Europe Region
Based in Ericsson main office in Algeria and predominantly focused on the wide scope of pre-sales and post-award activities, the main responsibilities for this role include the following:
- Key commercial interface and drive negotiation with customers on agreements across all areas of Ericsson’s Networks and Managed Services business, ensuring compliance to company policies, Sales Directives and other relevant directives in force.
- Provide guidance and assistance on interpretation of contractual clauses and obligations as required by the business with reference to Group Legal when necessary.
- Ensure strict contractual scope bounding is established to protect against any profit leakage through scope creep, e.g. via agreed change control.
- Provide internal guidance on mitigation claims and resolve any escalations via commercial governance. Maintain knowledge of operational issues which could result in commercial disputes. Advise operational teams on commercial risk mitigation strategies.
- Negotiate and resolve commercial disputes and settlements relating to the contracted scope.
- Protect Ericsson's rights under contract and ensure the proper performance of the respective party’s obligations
- Defend and improve profitability and working capital via professional risk- and claim management.
- Lead the Change Control Process from a contractual perspective
Manage and support new and ongoing business opportunities and deals through adherence to Ericsson Sales Process and established Way of Working and Governance, including Opportunity and Qualification Board (OQB) and Offer Review Board (ORB). Work closely with the Sales teams to ensure professional risk awareness and contract compliance towards the Ericsson wanted position.
Qualifications and Competence Requirements
- University degree in relevant discipline such as law/business administration/finance/engineering (or similar/equivalent) with at least 5 years of experience in commercial or contract management ideally in IT/Telecom
- An experience in managing Roll-out projects would be highly appreciated
- IACCM (International Association of Commercial Contract Management) certified or equivalent is a plus
- Fluency in French and English is a must, any additional languages would be a plus
- Experienced and confident dealing with both customers and management at all levels
- Customer interface and negotiation experience
- Proven Risk and Claim Management experience
- Excellent relationship development skills at all levels
- Strong contractual and business law awareness
- Proven track record of commercial management and business case development
- Experience with and knowledge of complex network roll-out project is a must
- Experience in Managed Service deals and/or Telecom Infrastructure a plus
- Good appreciation of operational and financial issues
- Creative, innovative mind-set to spot opportunities and synergies
- Tenacious, determined and self-managing
Position is based in Algiers (Algeria).
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Algeria (DZ) || || Algiers || Consulting&SysInt; IT; ProdMgt; R&D; SalesStratMkt&ComMgt; ServEng; SharedServ; Stud&YP; Supply&Log
Req ID: 259029