Product Quality Leader
Product Quality Leader owns the product quality for all ENC products and assigned lead/maintenance products towards ESS & EMS sites.
Responsibilities & Tasks:
- Define product quality target/KPI in both NPI/TPI and maintenance phase, implement and measure the KPI globally. Reporting is done on monthly basis toward Quality Board with the purpose to follow up product quality KPI (Yield, RR, etc.) and related improvement programs.
- Organize cross function quality team, set up and maintain overall product quality management and control processes in ENC and ESS/EMS site for lead products.
- Drive FRAG forum for continuous product fault rate analysis and improvement. (ENC, PDU, ESS, EMS)
- Owner of customer complaint/ feedback handling. Maintain communication with region & CU on quality.
- Owner of Quality Alert, define and maintain Quality Alert process, issue/delegate quality alert within ENC. Support and coordinate quality related production/delivery stop from PDU, PIM and internal ENC.
- Standard production knowledge\ Ericsson Factory Handbook
- Electronic and technology knowledge
- Solid quality control and quaity assurance knowledge
- Lean Production\ 6-Sigma
- Hardware Services production processes
- New Product Introduction process
- Transfer Product Introduction process
- Behavioral Competences
- Working with people
- Data analyzing
- Presenting and communicating information
- Leading and supervising
- Learning and researching
- Deliver results and meeting customer expectations
- Minimum Qualififcation & Experience Requirements
- Deep experience of quality management
- Deep experience in production and logistical methods
- Deep experience of techniques and production processes
- Approx. 2 – 5 years relevant experience is required
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: China (CN) || || Nanjing || Supply&Log
Req ID: 259004