Solution Architect - Packet Core
What does your future look like?
We are on the brink of the Networked Society - a technology revolution that will change the world for good through instant global connections and expanded freedom and opportunity.
Ericsson is a world leader in the rapidly changing environment of communications technology – providing equipment, software and services to enable transformation through mobility. Headquartered in Stockholm – Sweden, Ericsson is a publically listed company with more than 115,000 employees
More than 180 countries use Ericsson equipment and more than 40 percent of the world's mobile traffic passes through Ericsson networks. Technology is at the heart of our business. Ericsson engineers, researchers and scientists around the world are working on what’s next in information, communications and telecommunications (ICT).
A connected world is just the beginning. Your passion determines what comes next! Apply your ideas and insights to empowering people, business and society.
Come and discover what makes YOU + ERICSSON a powerful combination
We are now looking for a Packet Core Solution Architect, who will be responsible for analyzing, designing and developing commercially viable end-to-end technical solutions for the customers. In this role, you will also be accountable for providing profitable business for Ericsson by translating customer needs, and technology opportunities into detailed technical offering, solutions and proposals.
- Provide technical and business leadership for Packet Core solutions based on SGSN-MME, EPG, SAPC
- Lead the solution analysis, solution design (high and low level) and lead technical teams in project execution phase
- Act as solution architect role both in pre-sales & delivery phases of a customer engagement for Packet Core solution
- Support Key Account Managers and Engagement Practices to manage customer requirement, prepare tender documentation, business cases, and engage with customers during pre-sales through the implementation and conclusion of project
- Placed at the centre of activities, entailing a high level of interaction with Product Units, Systems Integration teams as well as Customer, Technical, Marketing and Business Development teams
- Lead and contribute with presentations and discussion in customer workshops, providing Cloud business solutions and technical expertise
- Share and transfer knowledge, presenting to others on latest solutions and new releases
- Sell competitive products/service solutions through a consultative approach, focusing on customer needs
- Mentor less experienced members of the team
As our ideal candidate, you will have:
- Tertiary qualification in Engineering/ICT or equivalent
- Three or more years’ experience interacting with C-level customers
- 10-15 years of experience as a Consultant / Solution Architect in Packet Core domain
- Solid experience in SGSN-MME, EPG, SAPC Sound knowledge IP and Virtualisation
- Positive attitude to problem solving and ability to work within teams to find solutions
- Ability to build strong working relationships with both technical and business stakeholders
- Solid communication skills written and verbal and ability to break down solutions with different diagram techniques
- Technical delivery across the entire software lifecycle
- Solid understanding of the web: protocols, web architectures, infrastructure, load balancing and high availability and designing for horizontal scale
- Strong Linux experience with hands-on experience on technologies
- Experience in knowledge transfer, documentation & information sharing activities
Exceptional Communication skills (Presentation, Interpersonal and Influencing Skill) with strong verbal and written communication capabilities Ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations Highly Developed team working and problem solving skills Self-driven and self-motivated, ability to work independently under pressure and ability to work with less supervision
Exceptional Customer Orientation and Consultative Skills Abilities and experience dealing, negotiating and presenting to customer C-levels Good Ericsson Knowledge. Highly Developed English language, both written and spoken
Domain Expertise Areas:
Broad Technical Acumen in Packet Core Good experience, knowledge and understanding of consulting and system integration processes (CSI) Experience in implementation of relevant solutions within the telecommunications sector (operators) Experience in working with 3rd party service partners and collaborating to deliver business outcome as agreed in contract
Location & Travel – This position is based out of Melbourne; Expected travel is 25% but may vary based on needs of the business.
**Candidates must have Australian Work Rights to be considered for this position**
Ericsson offers a truly global company, with a diverse, performance-driven culture, an innovative and engaging environment and opportunities to work across borders. Our employees live our vision, core values and guiding principles – sharing a passion to win and a high responsiveness to customer needs that in turn makes us a desirable partner to our clients.
In Australia, we are known for delivering “World-1st” projects for Australia's largest and most renowned telecommunications carriers. This is a chance to play a critical role in the success of the Ericsson organisation in Australia, whilst providing you with a fantastic career development opportunity and the chance to work alongside the brightest minds in our industry.
We invite you to join our team as we work together to solve the world’s biggest challenges.
Follow us social media –
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.