Ericsson enables communications service providers to capture the full value of connectivity. The company’s portfolio spans Networks, Digital Services, Managed Services, and Emerging Business and is designed to help our customers go digital, increase efficiency, find new revenue streams, and create new user experiences. Ericsson’s investments in innovation have delivered the benefits of telephony and mobile broadband to billions of people around the world ensuring our solutions – and our customers – are at the forefront of innovation. We support networks that connect more than 2.5 billion subscribers. With over 90,000 employees and customers in 180 countries, we combine global scale with technology and service leadership. 40 percent of the world’s mobile traffic is carried over an Ericsson network. And, our Technology for Good and Connect to Learn programs include creating technology that makes it easier to save lives, feed societies, bring technology to emerging markets and connectivity to remote areas, and grow businesses and prosperity.
At Ericsson, we give our employees the freedom to think big and navigate their career, on a global scale. We create technology that helps others, from helping people enjoy their favourite content to helping people recover from natural disasters by enabling better communications between rescue workers. Your ideas and innovations can turn into achievements that impact society and change the world, creating new connections, new possibilities, and new capabilities. We find that Ericsson is at its best when we bring together the diverse skills of our people. Working across business areas, across cultures, across geographical borders, across technical disciplines. More often than not, across ground-breaking solutions. Next generation technology can be staggeringly complex. But the simpler it is to use; the more people benefit from it. Join us and help build technology that makes it simple to connect with information, business, societies, and each other.
Incident Manager is a key position residing in GNOC who is performing the critical role of managing Incidents across all customers. Incident manager handles the severity 1 outages aggressively and ensure that the restoration is done within the Service level agreement with the customer.
The Incident Manager is responsible for the effective restoral of service during an emergency situation. The Incident Manager remains involved in the handling of the case until the case is resolved or until is agreed with PQM/MSIP that the IM is no longer required on the case.
- This position is open to job grade senior engineer and specialist only.
- The Incident Manager must be fluent in use of the English language.
- Demonstrate the ability to lead and manage a technical team
- Ability to select and assemble the required Support specialist(s) and related resources.
- Has more than 3 years trouble shooting experience in a Telecom domain
- Engineering degree or equivalent.
- Must be capable of balancing the need to collect event related data against the need to restore service in the shortest time possible.
- Telecom product experience/Ericsson experience is an advantage.
- Network knowledge
- Remains open minded when approaching problems, considering all inputs and available alternatives before making decisions.
- Ability to remain calm and focused under extremely stressful situations.
- Ability to handle highly political situations
- Has a level of customer service skills necessary to handle diverse customer reactions, especially aggressive and/or disruptive
- Must be aware of and be able to convey issues of customer/market diversity to the recovery team.
- Ability to guide Global Support specialists through the recovery without impeding data collection for later investigation.
- To manage Incidents 24X7 and ensure minimal disruption to the service
- Setting up and driving the Technical & Management Bridge
- Verification of MIN\Notification messages to ensure completeness & correctness of the information being sent to the customer.
- On any emergency event the Incident Manager is responsible to ensure that any required support staff & necessary resources (facilities, equipment, systems, etc.) are available, involved and focused in restoral of the system.
- On any emergency event, the Incident Manager is responsible for execution of the Escalation Decision Point discussion and decision.
- Participate in the writing of the Event Report and/or RCA.
- Ensure that the recovery is proceeding in a timely and efficient manner.
- Ensure that the proper Local Support staff is participating in the Event.
- Determine if the Event is properly classified as an Emergency and takes appropriate actions.
- Update Event News with the progress of the recovery.
- Update management on the progress of the recovery, as required.
- Assist the PQM in handling any political issues with regards to the event, thus allowing the technical specialists to focus on technical matters.
- Initiate management escalations as necessary.
- Manage the information distributed in the periodic Event News and on the conference bridges established for communications during the event.
- Manage any interfaces that extend outside the normal support area of responsibilities (e.g., 3PP, PLM, Small Competence Centers).
- Assure that the technical staff is aware of how to locate site specific information, e.g., remote access details, installed base data, etc. Assist with acquisition of same if necessary.
- •Utilising the Incident Manager Checklist, assures that all required actions of emergency handling are accomplished.
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics. Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development. Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.