Operations Support Job stage 6
The purpose of this document is to explain the role and responsibilities of the SD Applications & Platforms Change Manager, describing his/her activities within the SD APPLICATIONS & PLATFORMS Operations unit.
The Change Manager is the prime driver for the effective implementation of the SD Applications & Platforms Change Management process. The Change Manager is responsible to control the introduction of changes in the SDAP Production infrastructure, by securing that all changes in the system are executed in an efficiently controlled manner, following the defined procedures, and cause minimum – or predicted – impact to the end customer’s services.
The Change Manager role includes being the owner of:
- Organising and chairing the Change Advisory Board meeting
- First time right- KPI linked with Change Requests
- Stakeholder Management with respect to Change Request
- Process improvements and initiatives around Change Management
- Organising and chairing Post Change Review meetings
The Change Manager is responsible for the effective assessment, review and approval of all changes planned in SDAP Production environment. His/her tasks include:
- Organising and Chairing CAB meetings to review all planned normal changes
- Ensure Change Management Process awareness and adherence with internal and external stakeholders
- Ensuring that all change requests are recorded in ITSM tool
- Preparing the weekly CAB agenda and sharing it with respective stakeholders
- Assessing all Change requests to ensure they meet approval requirements, including clear and valid change reasons, impact analysis, technical analysis, roll back procedures and verification and communication plans.
- Coordinate and collaborate with Change Requester, Change Implementer and any other key stakeholders to ensure all requirements are provided, assessed and approved prior to change implementation
- Ensuring all approved and implemented Changes are completed with proper status and formally closed as per process
- Managing the Change Schedule
- Ensuring that impact analysis is validated in CAB for all changes
- Ensuring that decisions taken by the CAB are documented and communicated
- Drives initiatives and automations to improve process performance
The change manager role requires strong leadership and communication skills, including:
- Assertive attitude
- Strong sense of urgency
- Excellent communication skills with excellent English speaking and writing skills
- Demonstrate ownership, leadership and professionalism
- Process oriented
- Demonstrate confidence in CAB meeting while addressing a large audience
- Team player willing to share information, workload, and experiences
- Time management skills
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: India (IN) || || Noida || Consulting&SysInt; IT; ProdMgt; R&D; SalesStratMkt&ComMgt; ServEng; SharedServ; Stud&YP; Supply&Log
Job details: Operations Support Job Stage 06