4G5G Test Framework Software Developer
Want a job where you can focus on the things you love to do in a company that’s shaping the world, the world leader in mobile broadband and being first where it matters ?
LTE technology makes it possible to send mobile data with rates of hundreds of Mbps. These high data rates support bit hungry services like gaming and IP-TV with great quality and speed.
5G technology will further increase bandwidth, speed and support massive numbers of connected devices - the "internet of things" (IOT).
The Multi standard (MS) mobile system makes it possible to have more than one standard in one radio base station (RBS) (3G, 4G …) to increase customer flexibility for network planning and save cost during network rollout.
The Ericsson-Ottawa Development Environment unit has opportunities for software developers in our TGF / ICA / zVMM Test-Automation Frameworks areas. The software integration frameworks support automated test and integration of software. The test-automation frameworks schedule and automate tests on Ericsson base station equipment in our labs located around the world. We focus on developing 4G/5G, a world-class, high availability development environment to support agile development and fast feedback to designers.
This role is an excellent opportunity to build knowledge in the Ericsson development and test environment and test-automation frameworks, network with colleagues both on-site and teams around the world and build knowledge of the development organizations around the world.
Our Team’s Commitment and Vision
- Agile and empowered teams. Technical decision-making and backlog prioritization comes from the team.
- Constant innovation. Best in class tools.
- Collaborate with top talent in North America, Sweden, China and around the globe.
- World class development environment. Highest quality products through continuous integration.
- Fun and challenging environment where you can continually learn and grow your career and responsibilities.
- Transparent and collaborative communication.
The Job Responsibilities:
- You will work as part of a global team
- Develop and support the test-automation frameworks used for the testing of the next generation of 4G5G features.
- Develop and support the software integration tools to support development of next generation base station radios.
- Support and consulting for users of these systems
- Innovate, design, implement, evolve new software features
- Take initiative to drive improvements to the software base and ways of working
- Collaborate with colleagues around the world and internal customers on-site using an Agile way of working
- Software Development, Linux, Jenkins and Git experience
- Scripting experience in shell, Perl, Python, Ruby, PHP, Groovy
- Java experience
- Eclipse and Jenkins build automation
- Experience working with MySQL
- Strong problem-solving and hands-on trouble-shooting skills
- Agile / Scrum / Kanban methods
- Ability to work a task from concept/requirements to a working solution.
- Ideally, good knowledge in IT compute and lab Infrastructure
- Free thinking individual who is energized by working on a high powered team.
- Effectively communicate and build relationships with people both close and from afar.
- High focus on Quality and excellence.
- Roadblocks are fun problems to solve and opportunities to innovate, collaborate and take initiative.
- See the big picture and influence the architecture to leapfrog to the next generation solution.
- Inquisitive, love to build knowledge and apply different paradigms to new domains.
DISCLAIMER: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position. Therefore employees assigned may be required to perform additional job tasks required by the manager.
Primary country and city: Canada (CA) || || Ottawa || R&D
Req ID: 258705