Developer C++ in RBS Node Control
We are now looking for an experienced Engineer to strengthen our existing team.
Our RBS Software Development unit develops the software which controls, supervises and analyzes the common base station functionality in all RAN standards including 5G.
Our product is developed in C++ 11 and uses frameworks i.e. Protobuf, tests are automated in Java, Erlang or Perl. Also Gtest and GMock frameworks are present in our daily work. Scripts supporting our development and tests are deployed usually in Bash, Python or Perl.
- Perform continuous analysis of requirements
- Develop and test high quality products
- Perform trouble shooting and customer support
- Drive continuous improvements of products and processes
- Develop competence in technical domain
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Science (e.g Science within Electrical Engineering, Data Communication, Computer Science and Engineering, Software Engineering of Distributed Systems, Engineering Physics) or equivalent formal technical education
- Min 3 years of experience in C/C++ programming, creating, redesigning, and refactoring advanced software architectures
- Ability to be working equally well individually as in a group,
- Good communication skills and fluency in English language.
Nice to have:
- Knowledge of Agile software development methodologies (Scrum) and Lean
- Understanding of telecommunication technologies and network protocols,
- Domain experience with Radio Access Networks (3G/4G/5G) will be an asset,
- Being competent in design patterns.
- Scripting languages (Perl, Python, Bash, Erlang) knowledge
- Basic Java knowledge
Why is Ericsson a great place to work?
Ericsson enables communications service providers to capture the full value of connectivity. The company’s portfolio spans Networks, Digital Services, Managed Services, and Emerging Business and is designed to help our customers go digital, increase efficiency, find new revenue streams, and create new user experiences. Ericsson’s investments in innovation have delivered the benefits of telephony and mobile broadband to billions of people around the world ensuring our solutions – and our customers – are at the forefront of innovation. We support networks that connect more than 2.5 billion subscribers. With over 100,000 employees and customers in 180 countries, we combine global scale with technology and service leadership. 40 percent of the world’s mobile traffic is carried over an Ericsson network. And, our Technology for Good and Connect to Learn programs include creating technology that makes it easier to save lives, feed societies, bring technology to emerging markets and connectivity to remote areas, and grow businesses and prosperity.
At Ericsson, we give our employees the freedom to think big and navigate their career, on a global scale. We create technology that helps others, from helping people enjoy their favourite content to helping people recover from natural disasters by enabling better communications between rescue workers. Your ideas and innovations can turn into achievements that impact society and change the world, creating new connections, new possibilities, and new capabilities. We find that Ericsson is at its best when we bring together the diverse skills of our people. Working across business areas, across cultures, across geographical borders, across technical disciplines. More often than not, across ground-breaking solutions. Next generation technology can be staggeringly complex. But the simpler it is to use; the more people benefit from it. Join us and help build technology that makes it simple to connect with information, business, societies, and each other.