Developer System Deployment Infrastructure
The main focus at the Ericsson site in Karlskrona is to provide charging functions where our solutions are responsible for the charging of almost 2 billion subscribers today. The site also have major responsibilities when it comes to setting up user and service data in the network, as well as providing solution for machine-to-machine communication and the emerging utility industry. The Karlskrona site has a very strong track-record of inventing solutions that becomes new profitable products on the market. A lot of attention is also put on innovation and exploring new technical possibilities.
We welcome the opportunity to meet you!
Looking for a job where you will be working in the middle of the new system solution Revenue Manager?
The SDI-team (System Deployment Infrastructure) is an agile team responsible for the deployment, dimensioning and performance setup within Revenue Manager.
The team have close collaboration with the Solution Architecture organization and interacts with all the included Technichal Product Groups/Microservices (TPGs). Also supporting Solution Architects and Solutions Integrators, in their close work with the operators, is a part of this role.
Ex of daily tasks within the team:
- Setting ways of working, directives and guidelines of how Deployment in Revenue Manager is to be made
- Be part of aligning current decided HW virtualization strategy as well as looking ahead for coming deployment technologies (worked with as POCs)
- provide guidance to TPGs related to performance
- to aggregate system-wide performance data for different traffic model requirements
- Provider of means to do accurate dimensioning for different customer needs
- Provide requirements for tools (e.g that enable performance data collection, used as input to dimensioning tools (pre-deploy) and scaling tools (post-deploy). Included as embedded RM tools
- Provides rules/collection mechanisms (requirement) to be used within performance evaluation
The successful candidate will work within this agile team, interacting with our software developing teams, cross-site, as well as towards our organizations which act as interface towards our operators.
The successful candidate will work in all phases of the life cycle, including design, implementation, verification, maintenance and support of this part within our product.
Working with continues improvements is also part of the role.
Who are we looking for?
You want to be the best in your area of expertise but you are also curious to understand the big picture and how mobile networks work. You strive to meet targets and highest standards of quality and have the ability to analyze and solve problems.
We are looking for a person with a genuine interest in mobile technology, infrastructure, Networking, Linux, OS and IP in general, that enjoys working in team.
Required Job Qualifications and Competences:
The candidate should be self-driven, service minded and enjoy working in team and have good social skills to interact and work within a multinational, multi-site cross-functional teams/program set-up. The ability to think outside the box and take responsibility end to end is a must.
Additional we believe the candidate has exceptional analytical and communication skills, with excellent skills in oral and written English.
The communication skills are especially important since the number of users of our components are vast and we need to provide excellent support on how to use our system.
- Have a university degree (MSc or BSc) in Software Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent.
- Have at least 5 years of experience in product management and an in-depth fundamental knowledge of mobile communication
- Have deep experience of infrastructure, networking and IP in general
- Need to understand limitations of the platform on which you run your application
- Have deep knowledge about virtualization/containerization
- Experience in Red Hat and/or VmWare and/or Docker and/or OpenStack
- Have Linux/OS knowledge (understanding and being able to use tools)
- Have good object-oriented programming skills (preferably JAVA)
- Be a team player
Any of the following is considered a merit:
- Have troubleshooting skills - which in its turn require to have hands on experience of signaling and platform (HW, Hypervisor, OS, 3PPs and APIs)
- Have skills in scripting in general, eg. Python, shell
- Have experience of Eclipse, Git, and Gerrit
- Experience of working close to the customer and have general customer understanding
- Experience of JEE or SOA architecture and related design principles
- Experience of verification
The selection and interview process is ongoing. Therefore, send in your application in English as soon as possible. For any questions and clarifications reach out to the recruiter, Sara Andersson, email@example.com.
Last day to apply: 21th of December
Why is Ericsson a good place to work
Ericsson enables communications service providers to capture the full value of connectivity. The company’s portfolio spans Networks, Digital Services, Managed Services, and Emerging Business and is designed to help our customers go digital, increase efficiency, find new revenue streams, and create new user experiences. Ericsson’s investments in innovation have delivered the benefits of telephony and mobile broadband to billions of people around the world ensuring our solutions – and our customers – are at the forefront of innovation. We support networks that connect more than 2.5 billion subscribers. With close to 100,000 employees and customers in 180 countries, we combine global scale with technology and service leadership. 40 percent of the world’s mobile traffic is carried over an Ericsson network. And, our Technology for Good and Connect to Learn programs include creating technology that makes it easier to save lives, feed societies, bring technology to emerging markets and connectivity to remote areas, and grow businesses and prosperity.
At Ericsson, we give our employees the freedom to think big and navigate their career, on a global scale. We create technology that helps others, from helping people enjoy their favourite content to helping people recover from natural disasters by enabling better communications between rescue workers. Your ideas and innovations can turn into achievements that impact society and change the world, creating new connections, new possibilities, and new capabilities. We find that Ericsson is at its best when we bring together the diverse skills of our people. Working across business areas, across cultures, across geographical borders, across technical disciplines. More often than not, across ground-breaking solutions. Next generation technology can be staggeringly complex. But the simpler it is to use; the more people benefit from it. Join us and help build technology that makes it simple to connect with information, business, societies, and each other.
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Sweden (SE) || || Karlskrona || IT; R&D
Req ID: 258398