Radio Design Chief Engineer
Why is Ericsson a great place to work?
Ericsson enables communications service providers to capture the full value of connectivity. The company’s portfolio spans Networks, Digital Services, Managed Services, and Emerging Business and is designed to help our customers go digital, increase efficiency, find new revenue streams, and create new user experiences. Ericsson’s investments in innovation have delivered the benefits of telephony and mobile broadband to billions of people around the world ensuring our solutions – and our customers – are at the forefront of innovation. We support networks that connect more than 2.5 billion subscribers. With over 100,000 employees and customers in 180 countries, we combine global scale with technology and service leadership. 40 percent of the world’s mobile traffic is carried over an Ericsson network. And, our Technology for Good and Connect to Learn programs include creating technology that makes it easier to save lives, feed societies, bring technology to emerging markets and connectivity to remote areas, and grow businesses and prosperity.
At Ericsson, we give our employees the freedom to think big and navigate their career, on a global scale. We create technology that helps others, from helping people enjoy their favourite content to helping people recover from natural disasters by enabling better communications between rescue workers. Your ideas and innovations can turn into achievements that impact society and change the world, creating new connections, new possibilities, and new capabilities. We find that Ericsson is at its best when we bring together the diverse skills of our people. Working across business areas, across cultures, across geographical borders, across technical disciplines. More often than not, across ground-breaking solutions. Next generation technology can be staggeringly complex. But the simpler it is to use; the more people benefit from it. Join us and help build technology that makes it simple to connect with information, business, societies, and each other.
Product Development Unit:
PDU Radio strives to be the most competitive Radio Network R&D unit in the industry. We work in an agile set up to develop and maintain competitive, high-quality Radio products which give our customer solutions securing future growth. We develop GSM, WCDMA, LTE and now also 5G Network solutions to operators all over the world.
Product Lead in Radio Hardware Design is part of the Product Development Unit - Radio within Development Unit Networks (DNEW). We are based in Stockholm (Kista).
The Product Lead unit is now looking for one more Chief Engineer (CE) to strengthen the radio product project capability.
Responsibilities & Tasks
- Responsible for the solution implementation on the total product level (RBS from a Radio perspective)
- Works E2E from DMS phase to maintenance and should have a helicopter perspective and not ponder in many details.
- Technical platform responsibility (incl FVs and PVs).
- Responsible with Main TC and SPM to agree upon requirements statement of compliance, exemptions and deviations
- Accountable for decision making regarding the specific technical implementation of the product, including:
- Technology Selection from Technology Areas
- HW and SW Implementations (with Area Guardians from Systems, SW, and HW)
- Creates, reviews, and presents materials regarding product architecture, implementation, and partitioning at RTC (with Main TC). Prepare information in a way that facilitates management decisions, provide alternatives and guidance and also recommends if defined milestones (DMS1, etc.) can be passed
- Maintains the K-Gaps (knowledge gaps) list and quantifies how they affect product cost, performance, and TTM.
- Drives a technical review forum where key technical changes, updates, or issues that effect the product during execution are coordinated & approved.
- Continuously review the overall solution, clarify risks and gains with the choices that are made.
- Stop demands that are unreasonable.
- Review SW delivery plans and take a selection based on priorities
- Stop design in time if not achieving the target (i.e. do not release TVKs with known errors if they do not meet a particular purpose).
- Make sure that the decisions are aligned and cover the whole product family and clarify if exceptions of this rule are done.
- Deep knowledge of Radio HW design.
- Good SW knowledge and it's interaction with HW.
- Team leading skills.
- Planning and organizing skills.
- Knowledge of Ericsson documentation and numbering rules.
- Good Ericsson Radio Product Portfolio Knowledge.
- Excellent social skills to interact easily with all stake holders.
The selection and interview process is ongoing. Therefore, send in your application in English as soon as possible. For any questions and clarifications reach out to the recruiter, Hema Powar, email@example.com
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Sweden (SE) || || Stockholm || R&D
Req ID: 258336