Researcher 5G Standardization
Do you want to influence the evolution of 5G Radio Access Networks?
Are you an experienced engineer within wireless communications, happy to work with standardization in 3GPP?
Ideally you will be hired in Stockholm but we are more interested in you and your ability to be successful in the role so we are flexible when it comes to location.
We/Ericsson are looking for more researchers to work with 5G standardization. You will be a member of a unit designated to secure technology leadership in Radio Access Networks (RAN) by actively driving Standardization, New Concepts, Hardware and Software Research, Architecture and Testbeds. Technical focus for 2018 and 2019 includes 5G/NR evolution, Internet of Things and Automation / Machine Learning. The vacant role described below is in Standardization and you will join a team that drives activities in 3GPP RAN WG2.
Purpose of Job Role
Build and transfer technology competence to ensure technology leadership and profitable business for Ericsson by:
- contributing to Ericsson’s technology strategy
- driving standardization activities, primarily in 3GPP RAN WG2
- defining new radio network solutions, formulating recommendations for standardization, and protecting them with IPR
- supporting related concepts and testbeds activities
- writing and presenting standard contributions
- Broad technical knowledge and understanding of radio networks and beyond, both functional and implementation aspects
- Excellent depth in radio interface architecture, protocols (RLC, MAC, PDCP, RRC) and radio resource management
- Deep knowledge of specifications, especially dealing with radio layer 2 and layer 3
- Broad industry understanding, ability to develop strategies and enabling the right prioritization of activities
- Excellent networking, collaboration, negotiation and communication skills
- A natural driver, with high energy and motivation
- A strong innovator
- Education: MSc EE, PhD or equivalent
- Experience and genuine interests in Radio Access Networks (e.g. LTE, NR)
- Proven skills in standardization related work, as delegate or backoffice, or same level of knowledge
- Experience from simulations and customer relations are considered valuable merits
Role based in Kista, Stockholm.
Deadline for applications: 29th November
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Sweden (SE) || || Stockholm || R&D
Req ID: 257931