Broadcast Operations Operations Manager
Ericsson enables communications service providers to capture the full value of connectivity. The company’s portfolio spans Networks, Digital Services, Managed Services, and Emerging Business and is designed to help our customers go digital, increase efficiency, find new revenue streams, and create new user experiences. Ericsson’s investments in innovation have delivered the benefits of telephony and mobile broadband to billions of people around the world ensuring our solutions – and our customers – are at the forefront of innovation. We support networks that connect more than 2.5 billion subscribers. With over 90,000 employees and customers in 180 countries, we combine global scale with technology and service leadership. 40 percent of the world’s mobile traffic is carried over an Ericsson network. And, our Technology for Good and Connect to Learn programs include creating technology that makes it easier to save lives, feed societies, bring technology to emerging markets and connectivity to remote areas, and grow businesses and prosperity.
At Ericsson, we give our employees the freedom to think big and navigate their career, on a global scale. We create technology that helps others, from helping people enjoy their favourite content to helping people recover from natural disasters by enabling better communications between rescue workers. Your ideas and innovations can turn into achievements that impact society and change the world, creating new connections, new possibilities, and new capabilities. We find that Ericsson is at its best when we bring together the diverse skills of our people. Working across business areas, across cultures, across geographical borders, across technical disciplines. More often than not, across ground-breaking solutions. Next generation technology can be staggeringly complex. But the simpler it is to use; the more people benefit from it. Join us and help build technology that makes it simple to connect with information, business, societies, and each other.
The Operations Manager position is a People Management function along with Operations Responsibility. This function oversees the operations in Ericsson India. The various objectives of this function are to bring the focus on people management (recruiting, training, retaining, performance appraising, motivating, grooming, etc.) and operations (meeting SLAs, meeting customer satisfaction, working with interfaces, communicating with stakeholders, managing escalations, active involvement in Operational Excellence by driving management project initiatives, analysing the existing resourcing, resource sizing, processes, processes automation, tools deployment, usage of tools, workflow, knowledge sharing, skill enhancement, supporting pre-sales, etc.).
- Education: Bachelor in Engineering (B.E/ B.Tech in IT, Telecom)
- A thorough knowledge of TV, Media, EPGs, and an interest in emerging new media technologies.
- A thorough understanding of the editorial aims and practices.
- Experience of managing and delivering change in a demanding environment.
- Effective time management and organizational skills to ensure delivery to deadlines.
- The ability to inspire and motivate others to provide the best possible service.
- Meticulous attention to detail and accuracy.
- Strong team working, interpersonal and communication & presentation skills sufficient to establish and maintain effective working relations with a wide range of internal and external contacts, and the ability to deal with contacts with tact and sensitivity.
- Experience of working with new technology and equipment.
- Leadership skills: matrix management, decision making, self-initiator, has lateral thinking approach.
- Knowledge of any European language is preferred
- ensure services are delivered as per SLAs/ WLAs.
- Reporting to BMS organisation – Performance Metrics and Delivery reports.
- To actively participate in internal technical discussions with a view to improving overall service performance and make recommendations wherever possible.
- Implementing customer satisfaction at all points for their respective span of control.
- Active involvement in Operational Excellence by driving Management project initiative.
- Analysing the existing processes, processes automation, tools deployment, usage of tools, workflow, etc.
- Identifying and defining improvement initiatives regarding processes and tools.
- Knowledge sharing, skill enhancement and competence development.
- To ensure correct working methodology.
- To predict resourcing and man-power requirements and the team is adequately staffed at all times.
- To be responsible for the recruitment, motivation, and development of the operational teams.
- To ensure right competence is available at all times.
- To ensure high engagement, motivation levels and well-being of their entire span of control in terms of working environment and conditions of employment.
- Ensure appropriate documentation is available and updated for their entire process in the organizations collaboration tool/s.
- To ensure process and quality guidelines are implemented in the area of function.
- To ensure all forms of security responsibility is properly understood and adhered.
- To ensure organization’s operational discipline is maintained at all times for their span of control (like in case of time reporting, absence tracking, etc.).
- Actively participate in Ericsson’s managed services delivery strategies and transformational requirements.
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics. Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development. Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.