Vendor Technical Manager - Operational Product Owner: External Tools
Vendor technical manager (OPO External Tools)
Test External Tools team in Linköping are handling all external (3PP) tools for (BNEW ICT Development) BID Test Tools. This unit supports all internal R&D activities from development phase to testing, this includes 5G development units within Ericsson. Examples of tools that are being handled and used are UE Simulators, Channel Simulators, Protocol Analyzers, Radio Simulator, etc.
As a Technical Vendor Manager you willl manage, drive and integrate these test tools for Ericsson´s R&D departments to successfully develop 5G technology products and its releases. You will also have technical expertise in this domain, have daily contact with leadership and internal customers, as well as external suppliers to secure the sourcing and expansion of the technology portfolio.
We are now looking to fill 3 Technical Vendor Manager positions located in Linköping or Kista!
Main responsibilities and requirements include;
- Participate or organize technical coordination meetings when required.
- Driving Integration and evaluation of test tools in LTE/GSM/WCDMA/NR environment.
- Technical support during negotiations with tool vendors.
- SPOC towards vendor for all stakeholder organizations requirements for new feature requests
- Acceptance Test of tool deliveries (new features)
- Coordinate Technical Support and Trouble shooting to tool users
- Inform tool users, stakeholders and sourcing about the tool.
- Manage stakeholders expectations including technical alignment
- Handle escalations/taskforces
- Market knowledge and expansion of portfolio
- Stay updated regarding other tool vendors on the market for to the relevant tool
- Cooperation with Technical Management and Tests (TMT) on impact analysis of new requirements and Change Requests.
- Responsible for coordinating tool evaluations.
- Competence in Telecom and Datacom
- Good knowledge of features in LTE and Multi-Standard, 5G is plus
- Experience in Cloud (e.g. virtualization) solutions
- Experience in working with e.g. UE simulators, data generators
- Experience in automation of test cases
- Experience in Continuous Integration (CI), Continuous Deployment (CD)
Human Skill competences
- Negotiation and communication skills in written and spoken english
- Leadership in, and ability to drive change
- Formulating Strategies and Concepts
- Delivering Results and Meeting Customer Expectations
- Working with People
- Relating and Networking
- Presentation skills
- Leadership skills.
Nice to have:
- UE simulators. Wireless Communications.
- Business analysis and negotiation skills.
If you feel this role is a fit for you, please upload your resume and cover letter.
For questions please contact Richard Tjong at email@example.com
Hiring Manager: Adam Sheng
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Sweden (SE) || || Linköping || R&D
Req ID: 257855