Technical Support SME
Technical Support SME
What does your future look like?
We are on the brink of the Networked Society - a technology revolution that will change the world for good through instant global connections and expanded freedom and opportunity.
Ericsson is a world leader in the rapidly changing environment of communications technology – providing equipment, software and services to enable transformation through mobility. Headquartered in Stockholm – Sweden, Ericsson is a publically listed company with more than 115,000 employees
More than 180 countries use Ericsson equipment and more than 40 percent of the world's mobile traffic passes through Ericsson networks. Technology is at the heart of our business. Ericsson engineers, researchers and scientists around the world are working on what’s next in information, communications and telecommunications (ICT).
A connected world is just the beginning. Your passion determines what comes next! Apply your ideas and insights to empowering people, business and society.
Come and discover what makes YOU + ERICSSON a powerful combination
We welcome the opportunity to meet you!
nbn is a wholesale provider of broadband access through its level two networks, predominantly to retail service providers (RSPs). These RSP’s on sell internet access to both residential and business customers. Ericsson are contracted to provide nbn a full “Managed Service” for the Fixed Wireless and Satellite Technologies. These technologies deliver broadband service to Rural and Remote areas across Australia currently servicing approximately 280K customer with the footprint expanding daily. The Ericsson Support Center team provides the on the day operational support service for End User Activation and Assurance of these customers
As a Technical Support - SME, you will work with Ericsson’s delivery groups, including external partners, in meeting Customer expectations in relation to delivery of service. You will also be involved in execution of the daily activities ranging from Data Entry to Call Handling to Problem Resolution for both activations and assurance service functions.
As a Technical Support – SME, you will be a subject matter expert in either activation or assurance processes and be able to provide support to the rest of the team.
You will also be assigned to different service tasks that deliver the ‘daily Activation and Assurance Services’. You will be part of a cross functional team providing services to both our customer nbn and to our 3rd party delivery partners. The team is a unique operational model consisting of a combination of services that would normally be seen in either a call center or a support Centre. The high-level services provided by the team are as follows: -
- Activations -Technical phone support for installers in the field to facilitate successful activation of the new installed service on the day at an End User premises
- Assurance- Triage and processing of assurance tickets raised by RSP’s on behalf of End Users. Providing phone support on the day for assurance jobs assigned to installers
- Data Loading of both activation & assurance appointments for Fixed Wireless site visits
- Working with Ericsson support teams to resolve higher level technical issues.
- Providing support to Delivery Partners for appointment processing and scheduling
- On the day jeopardy management for scheduled appointments
Ericsson Support Centre is an integral component of our customers’ success, we believe our customers’ success creates our success.
Key Duties and Responsibilities include
- Familiarity with CRM systems & practices
- 1st level customer complaint handling
- Analysis and Trending of customer faults & correlation with network events
- 2nd Level phone support to Field Technicians
- Escalate and Co-ordinate Installation visits with Delivery Partners
- Ensure your assigned daily tasks are completed within allocated timeframes to ensure KPI’s & SLAs are met
- Data loading (provisioning) of customer orders into Ericsson Systems
- Manage customer faults on Trouble Tickets through to resolution
- Mentor team members to resolve difficult issues. Focusing on customer satisfaction.
- Available to work on a roster basis Monday to Friday between 8am to 9pm. (at times may be requested to work weekends).
- Proactively Monitor and Manage Installation, Servicing Mailboxes
- Follow documented work instructions to maintain accuracy & also provide process improvement suggestions
- Engagement with operational stakeholders from both nbn and our 3rd party DP’s
- Display excellent operational service skills (including questioning, probing, listening, establishing rapport)
- Ability to define team technical development requirements
- Be a team member who is passionate about being the best you can be and want to achieve targets
- Flexibility and able to adapt quickly to changing priorities and business needs
- Experience in working with the greater organization to adopt new work within the ESC team.
Technical Support – SME for either Assurance or Activation
- Provide on the floor assistance and training within technical areas you are considered as a subject matter expert
- Provide real time support and troubleshooting assistance to the team as and when required
Required Skills and experience
- Strong analytical, problem definition & resolution skills for problem solving
- Strong phone contact handling skills and active listening (Telephone Etiquettes)
- Excellent communication and presentation skills (verbal & written)
- Review current documentation and update with new changes.
- Experienced at developing training material for Support team
- Ability to deliver training sessions to Support team
- Ability to follow operational procedures, guidelines and policies
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively
- ITIL Foundation Certificate preferred
Ericsson offers a truly global company, with a diverse, performance-driven culture, an innovative and engaging environment and opportunities to work across borders. Our employees live our vision, core values and guiding principles – sharing a passion to win and a high responsiveness to customer needs that in turn makes us a desirable partner to our clients.
In Australia, we are known for delivering “World-1st” projects for Australia's largest and most renowned telecommunications carriers. This is a chance to play a critical role in the success of the Ericsson organisation in Australia, whilst providing you with a fantastic career development opportunity and the chance to work alongside the brightest minds in our industry.
We invite you to join our team as we work together to solve the world’s biggest challenges.
Follow us social media –
We will not be providing a work permit/visa for this position
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics. Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities.
Please Note: We are only interested in applications from individuals and are not interested in any speculative calls or submissions from Recruitment Agencies.
Primary country and city: Australia (AU) || || Sydney || IT