Developer of Radio SW labs CI machine, IPNW, script and programming
Are you ready to create the 5G Future?
Predicting the future is fun. Inventing it is powerful. We do both!
5G is coming soon, and Ericsson is the early leader in bringing it to market. With the commercial launch of 5G expected in 2020, and pre-commercial trials already happening now, there’s never been a better time for you to make your mark. The possibilities are endless across industries – from automotive and transport to agriculture, utilities, and more.
Welcome to the epicenter for the 5G radios!
More than 40% of the worlds mobile broadband go through our radios. The deal always begins with a Radio, in RSW we have more than 600 different radios running in our CI machinery, from 6000 to ERS to 5G and beyond. Speed and quality is important and with our CI machinery we secure both. Designers can test the code remotely on virtually every radio there is, on demand and in our predefined loops.
Our CI machinery, probably the best target CI machinery in the world, is running 24/7 with over 98% uptime. We are supporting continuous deliveries by over 600 Radio SW engineer spread over the world. This CI machine is operated and maintained by us, Radio SW.
We are now looking for developers of laboratories at Radio SW. You will be a member of a team where we are responsible for the physical CI machinery for Radio SW and essentially the Network connecting the Radios so that the users can run on any one of them or several at the same time. We continuously invent new solutions for better flow in our activities and better flow in our organization as a whole.
Responsibilities and tasks:
We develop the labs for future products, scan the market for new solutions, optimize for good efficiency and support the product development engineers to develop world class products. You will have the opportunity to work in multiple disciplines, Electronics, RF, HW, SW and IP NW. Your social skills are needed in interaction and communication with our Developers and other development organizations as we constantly seek better solutions and input to future products.
You will work in a Cross Functional Team. The team has responsibility from pre-study to user acceptance for new functionality needed in our CI machinery including e.g. framework development, tools alignment, LAB automation and HW development. All positions include end to end responsibility for the provided services. Each service contains one or several responsibility areas like e.g. SW development, HW development, IT, NW, servers, and similar.
Half of our labs are now located in Kista and half in GIC Linköping. Limited travel is required. We have cooperation with all labs in Radio SW. Nanjing, Beijing, Chengdu and Ottawa.
- LAB and HW: LAB environment: Evolve, Develop and maintain the CI machinery parts related to our LAB environment. Develop new automation concepts. Secure the connection between the radios and the test frameworks i.e. keep the IT infrastructure up and running, trouble shoot servers, routers and switches, develop and implement new architecture.
- Maintain and evolve the Radio SW CI machine.
- Drive innovation and continuous improvements
- Education: Bachelor of science or equivalent
- Min years of experience: 5 years
- Strong programming skills, Scripting,Bash, Python.
- Strong knowledge in IS/IT, IP Networks, Virtual Servers, Firewalls security, Vlan,
- Experience from Radio systems and Radio product development
- Experience from agile and lean development like Scrum and Kanban
- Service minded
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills on radio, electronics and/or SW.
- Domain experience: Multiple disciplines are needed, HW, SW, RF, Ericsson Radio Products, IP networks.
- Good knowledge about Radio RF technology.
- Knowledge of Ericsson radio products, on block level and component level
- Strong knowledge on RF instruments.
- Knowledge and experience from working in labs. Knowledge including Lab safety, RF radiation, Ergonomics.
- Strong skill in developing new automation concepts
- Zabbix, Puppet
- Working with people and networking
- Innovating, adapting and responding to change
- Are willing to broaden your competence and get a deeper understanding of our products, framework and tools, LAN and HW
The positions are based in Kista, Stockholm, Sweden
The selection and interview process is ongoing. Therefore, send in your application in English as soon as possible. If you have any specific questions you are welcome to send an email to responsible recruiter Hema.Powar@ericsson.com
Last date to apply: 22 of October 2018
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Sweden (SE) || || Stockholm || R&D
Req ID: 257448