MS Operation Assurance Manager
MS Operation Assurance Manager
What does your future look like?
We are on the brink of the Networked Society – a technology revolution that will change the world for good through instant global connections and expanded freedom and opportunity.
Ericsson is a world leader in the rapidly changing environment of communications technology – providing equipment, software and services to enable transformation through mobility. Headquartered in Stockholm – Sweden, Ericsson is a publically listed company with more than 115,000 employees
More than 180 countries use Ericsson equipment and more than 40 percent of the world’s mobile traffic passes through Ericsson networks. Technology is at the heart of our business. Ericsson engineers, researchers and scientists around the world are working on what’s next in information, communications and telecommunications (ICT).
A connected world is just the beginning. Your passion determines what comes next! Apply your ideas and insights to empowering people, business and society.
Come and discover what makes YOU + ERICSSON a powerful combination
We welcome the opportunity to meet you!
In this dynamic role, you will be responsible for the execution of local Strategy Infrastructure Product and Life Cycle Management activities with new or enhanced service and resource deployment, taking into account the detailed design project produced by Planning and Engineering and the specific requirements of the Operator. You will be challenged in a multi-vendor, multi-service environment, with end-to-end deployment of the resource or service (i.e. ensuring the correct introduction of a resource or service by the Operator's and the customer's perception).
Will be required to engage with multiple vendors at business level, understanding security/compliance requirements, translating them to technology solutions, writing scope-of-work and presenting technical solutions to them. Must be able to manage large and complex projects working in a matrix environment.
- Plan, design, test implement and manage verification environment, including development of testing scenarios
- Manage all aspects of terminal verification, including introduction, new services compliance, analysis, testing, execution, evaluation, acceptance and database management
- Introduce and integrate new or enhanced service and resource in a multi-vendor environment, including verification, execution, acceptance, analysis and support
- Operational Management for the end-to-end operations activities delivery towards the specific customer
- Delivery performance management: based on the contractual SLA, establish the WLA between the MS and the operations delivery units, and manage the operations activities delivery performance
- Manage customer networks, Broadcast and IS/IT performance reporting based on the operational reports
- Coordinate and facilitate the operational interface between operational delivery units and the customer’s retained organization required to fulfill the SLA, establishing OLA’s whenever necessary
- Perform hierarchical escalation in case of critical or major incidents and act as the main interface to the customer
- Coordinate the Incident Management and Problem Management status customer reporting meetings as part of the MS Governance Model
- Secure Problem Management activities are efficiently performed and are supported by the other delivery organizations and MS functions
- Seek customer approval for problem solutions that depend on customer acceptance or action, and negotiate penalties exception in case of customer non-acceptance
- Secure that the preventive maintenance plan covers customer requirements and grant customer approval when necessary
- Ensure that impacts due to forecasted periodic maintenance are reported and agreed with the customer
- Continuously drive for efficiency, improvements, automation and excellence in service delivery
- Ensure that Ericsson delivery of broadcast services aligns with customer SLA and Ericsson performance expectations
- Manage customer business priorities within Ericsson to ensure best outcomes are achieved
Technical Skills & Experience:
- A good knowledge of operations assurance
- Exposure working within ITIL or similar service management frameworks
- Familiarity with cloud (NFV) platforms
- Life cycle management experience
- Operations delivery management experience
- Team leadership experience
- Solid presentation and communication skills and the ability to share your knowledge
- Creative problem-solving ability and the drive to think strategically
- Proven project management skills
- Good financial understanding and cost awareness
- Should be involved in the planning, design, and deployment of Cloud solutions.
- Indepth understanding of Infrastructure (Server/Storage/Network) sizing, consolidation, virtualization and thin-provisioning
- Installation and administration experience in one or more– Openstack, Mirantis Openstack, Redhat Openstack, etc
- Experience with RDBMS and noSQL (Cassandra, MongoDB) is highly desired
- Knowledge & Experience with opensource IaaS environments such as OpenStack.
- Installation and administration experience in Hyper-visors one or more– KVM/RHEV, VMware vSphere/ESX, Microsoft Hyper-V, Veritas Storage foundation and Cluster Server
- At least 2 years of experience in Openstack, Cloud orchestration & configuration management tools (chef/puppet etc.)
Follow us social media –
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics. Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities.
Please Note: We are only interested in applications from individuals and are not interested in any speculative calls or submissions from Recruitment Agencies.
Primary country and city: Australia (AU) || || North Ryde, 11C Talavera Road || IT