BID TE Windows/UE Engineer
At Ericsson, we give our employees the freedom to think big. Your ideas and innovations can turn into achievements that impact society and change the world. Are you ready to be a change-maker?
Learn what makes YOU + Ericsson a powerful combination. Join us today
Test Environment Build is a part of Development Unit Networks (DNEW) and has overall responsibility for all Test Environment builds and services towards PDUs. Test Environment Build sector consists of 11 sections with ~220 Employees and ~120 partners spread out in Sweden KI, LI, LN, China BJ, NJ, Hungary BD, Canada OT, India IN
BNEW ICT Development Environment, BID, within DNEW has a mission to ensure that DNEW has an Engineering Environment that is a competitive advantage for present and future needs
The responsibilities for Sector Test Environment Build include to enable great flow in the PDU’s and Customer Units by in an efficient way
As a BID TE Windows/UE Engineer, you will be responsible to plan and secure a stable Environment and optimize the solutions/services to the agreed service levels in a cost efficient and timely manner. You will be a part of an EST team which has responsibility for Test Environment in DNEW with focus on continuous integration, test and delivery areas.
Responsibilities & Tasks
- Windows clients (Vista and higher): installation, configuration, maintenance, troubleshooting
- Windows server (2008 and higher): installation, configuration, maintenance, troubleshooting
- Virtualization: VMware, installation configuration, maintenance, troubleshooting. Knowledge in Hyper-V and Xen is optional
- Troubleshooting of hardware: servers, clients, peripherals
- UE Handling - Software updates, troubleshooting and resolution.
- Test Environment Support- UE/IMSI issues
- Finding and analysing 4G/5G test environment UE area faults
- Logging defects encountered in the application through JIRA during test cycle and conduct fix verification
- Supporting developers in everyday activities and environmental problems
- Working with multicultural teams around the world and customer support
- Very good exposure of testing on wide range of Mobile handset of different vendors which includes Samsung, Qualcomm, Sony Ericsson, iPhone and many more.
- Education: Academic degree, minimum on bachelor level, in engineering (IT, Telecom)
- 3-6 Years of Experience as a Developer/Tester
- Familiarity with test tools e.g. QMI Test Pro,QxDM etc and Linux Environment
- Scrum/Kanban based agile working experience
- Terrific ability to work in a fast-paced agile environment
- Knowledge Sharing of Ericsson processes is a plus
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to liaise with a variety of stakeholders
- 3GPP RATs brief knowledge, especially LTE
- Good at following instructions in Engineering IT and Smart phone configurations
- Knowledge of LTE-VoLTE
- Attended Demos and met with Client for User Acceptance and providing QA Signoff on the testing.
- Knowledge of remote testing
- Having extensive knowledge in mobile technologies like GSM, GPRS, WAP
- Expert knowledge on UNIX/LINUX and MO shell Commands
- Good knowledge of User Equipment’s and the network
- Good Knowledge of RF parameters-RSRP, RSRQ Measurement
- Mac OS X and Unix systems
- Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM): OS deployment, collections, applications, Windows updates
- RF knowledge
As a person you are
- Result oriented with good skills in leading and motivating people and conscious of responsibility
- Adaptive to cope in a fast-changing environment; flexible and responsive to changing work patterns and demands
- Enthusiastic and improvement driver
- Passionate for technology
- Persistent and patient
- Motivated and a person with positive thinking who wants to lead by an example
- A good team player
Why is Ericsson a great place to work?
Ericsson is the driving force behind the Networked Society where every person and every industry is empowered to reach their full potential. Mobility, broadband and the cloud are transforming the world, enabling industries and society to provide better services, capture new opportunities, improve businesses, increase efficiency, and create new user experiences.
Our services, software and infrastructure support every major telecom operator in the world. The transformation that this brings allows people, business and society to fulfill their potential and build a more sustainable future.
With about 101,000 employees and customers in 180 countries, we combine global scale with technology and services leadership. We support networks that connect more than 2.5 billion subscribers. 40 percent of the world’s mobile traffic is carried over Ericsson networks. And our SEK 100 billion investment in research and development over the last three years ensure that our solutions – and our customers – are at the forefront of innovation.
At Ericsson, we give our employees the freedom to think big. Your ideas and innovations can turn into achievements that impact society and change the world. Are you ready to be a change-maker? Learn what makes YOU + Ericsson a powerful combination. Join us today.
Founded in 1876, Ericsson has its headquarters in Stockholm, Sweden. Net sales in 2014 were SEK 228.0 billion (USD 33.1 billion). Ericsson is listed on NASDAQ OMX stock exchange in Stockholm and the NASDAQ in New York.
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: China (CN) || || Beijing || R&D
Req ID: 257348