BID TE IP NW Engineer
At Ericsson, we give our employees the freedom to think big. Your ideas and innovations can turn into achievements that impact society and change the world. Are you ready to be a change-maker?
Learn what makes YOU + Ericsson a powerful combination. Join us today
Test Environment Build is a part of Development Unit Networks (DNEW) and has overall responsibility for all Test Environment builds and services towards PDUs. Test Environment Build sector consists of 11 sections with ~220 Employees and ~120 partners spread out in Sweden KI, LI, LN, China BJ, NJ, Hungary BD, Canada OT, India IN
BNEW ICT Development Environment, BID, within DNEW has a mission to ensure that DNEW has an Engineering Environment that is a competitive advantage for present and future needs
The responsibilities for Sector Test Environment Build include to enable great flow in the PDU’s and Customer Units by in an efficient way
As a BID TE IP NW Engineer, you will be responsible to plan and secure a stable Environment and optimize the solutions/services to the agreed service levels in a cost efficient and timely manner. You will be a part of an EST team which has responsibility for Test Environment in DNEW with focus on continuous integration, test and delivery areas.
Responsibilities & Tasks
- Develop IP network solutions for Mobile Radio Access customer and service requirements with network devices such as Extreme, juniper switches, Ericsson Edge routers, Juniper security gateways SRX, Juniper steel belt radius servers
- Implement hardware and software upgrades, system integrations, vendor-based solutions, and other datacenter optimizations
- Create, amends and maintain accurate network documentation and diagrams
- Maintain relevant and current knowledge within assigned technical fields
- Network monitoring with OP5
- DHCP and DNS vendor specifics configuration, e.g Inflobox
- Education: Academic degree, minimum on bachelor level, in engineering (IT, Telecom)
- 3-6 Years of Experience as a Developer/Tester
- Experience with 2G, 3G, 4G; configuration of different nodes and components
- Scrum/Kanban based agile working experience
- Terrific ability to work in a fast-paced agile environment
- Knowledge Sharing of Ericsson processes is a plus
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English with the ability to interact with a variety of stakeholders
- Proven hands-on network engineering experience, IP Internetworking and LAN Switching
- Deep understanding of networking protocols (e.g., IPSEC, BGP, OSPF, 802.11, STP)
- Solid understanding of the OSI or TCP/IP model
- Hands-on experience with monitoring, network diagnostic and network analytics tools.
- Network management, network availability and capacity planning
- Internetworking troubleshooting in a large-scale network Lab environment
- LTE and wireless technologies
- Stateful firewall, SSL and VPN
- CCNA or JNCIA-SA Certification, Higher Juniper certification would be added advantage
- Having extensive knowledge of 2G, 3G, 4G
- Good at following instructions
- Knowledge of remote testing
- Good knowledge on UNIX/LINUX and MO shell Commands
- Good knowledge of User Equipment’s and the network
As a person you are:
- Result oriented with good skills in leading and motivating people and conscious of responsibility
- Adaptive to cope in a fast-changing environment; flexible and responsive to changing work patterns and demands
- Enthusiastic and improvement driver
- Passionate for technology
- Persistent and patient
- Motivated and a person with positive thinking who wants to lead by an example
- A good team player
Why is Ericsson a great place to work?
Ericsson is the driving force behind the Networked Society where every person and every industry is empowered to reach their full potential. Mobility, broadband and the cloud are transforming the world, enabling industries and society to provide better services, capture new opportunities, improve businesses, increase efficiency, and create new user experiences.
Our services, software and infrastructure support every major telecom operator in the world. The transformation that this brings allows people, business and society to fulfill their potential and build a more sustainable future.
With about 101,000 employees and customers in 180 countries, we combine global scale with technology and services leadership. We support networks that connect more than 2.5 billion subscribers. 40 percent of the world’s mobile traffic is carried over Ericsson networks. And our SEK 100 billion investment in research and development over the last three years ensure that our solutions – and our customers – are at the forefront of innovation.
At Ericsson, we give our employees the freedom to think big. Your ideas and innovations can turn into achievements that impact society and change the world. Are you ready to be a change-maker? Learn what makes YOU + Ericsson a powerful combination. Join us today.
Founded in 1876, Ericsson has its headquarters in Stockholm, Sweden. Net sales in 2014 were SEK 228.0 billion (USD 33.1 billion). Ericsson is listed on NASDAQ OMX stock exchange in Stockholm and the NASDAQ in New York.
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: China (CN) || || Beijing || R&D
Req ID: 257347