Senior Cloud Engineer
Senior Cloud Engineer
What does your future look like?
We are on the brink of the Networked Society - a technology revolution that will change the world for good through instant global connections and expanded freedom and opportunity.
Ericsson is a world leader in the rapidly changing environment of communications technology – providing equipment, software and services to enable transformation through mobility. Headquartered in Stockholm – Sweden, Ericsson is a publically listed company with more than 115,000 employees
More than 180 countries use Ericsson equipment and more than 40 percent of the world's mobile traffic passes through Ericsson networks. Technology is at the heart of our business. Ericsson engineers, researchers and scientists around the world are working on what’s next in information, communications and telecommunications (ICT).
A connected world is just the beginning. Your passion determines what comes next! Apply your ideas and insights to empowering people, business and society.
Come and discover what makes YOU + ERICSSON a powerful combination
We welcome the opportunity to meet you!
The candidate will be subject matter expert on various areas of IT Infrastructure – Compute (server), virtualization & consolidation, storage, network, software defined environments and security.
Should have hands on experience in the field of virtualization technologies from Open stack, Red hat and a good grasp of Cloud Computing concepts and building blocks of creating an end-to-end private and public IaaS cloud solutions and hybrid Cloud solutions.
Will be required to engage with multiple vendors at business level, understanding security/compliance requirements, translating them to technology solutions, writing scope-of-work and presenting technical solutions to them. Must be able to manage large and complex projects working in a matrix environment.
Total experience of 5-6 Years of relevant and proven experience in following subject matter areas.
- You will help with Assurance support activities
- Daily operations activities on our customers' networks
- Ensure network stability and performance
- Preventive health check
- Traffic and KPI analysis
- Trouble handling
- Incident handling
- Interface with Ericsson Support organization
- 24/7 on-call support (once a month)
- Scripting, programming, tool development for internal needs
- Incident management
- You will assist with Problem management
- System administration
- And you will work with Billing operations
- Knowledge and understanding on OVS-Dpdk , SDN controller & SDN NFVi
- Good understanding on NFVi MANO Architecture.
- Experience in Cloud Operation based on Openstack and SDN.
- Proven expertise in Spine and Leaf architecture.
- Good Hands-on on ODL(Open Day Light).
- Should be involved in the deployment of Virtual Network solutions (Routing and switching)
- Experience on Networking Technologies Experience in WAN, LAN, TCP/ IP, VPN, routing, and switching
- Experience in solution test with network operations team
- Knowledge on Firewalls, DNS & DHCP.
- Strong domain expertise and experience in Software Defined Networking (SDN) and Network Function Virtualization (NFV)
- Understanding of Infrastructure (Server/Storage/Network) sizing, consolidation, virtualization, and thin-provisioning
- Experience in network services delivery to end-customers highly desirable
- Experience in installation, configuration, and support of Open switches (Cisco, Dell, HP, Pluribus, etc)
- Knowledge & Experience with open source IaaS environments such as OpenStack.
- Working knowledge of various virtualization products and hypervisors like – VMware, KVM, OpenStack etc
Good to have;
- Open Stack Cloud Certification with Redhat / Mirantis
- Good to have experience on legacy network device like F5, Cisco ASR
Ericsson offers a truly global company, with a diverse, performance-driven culture, an innovative and engaging environment and opportunities to work across borders. Our employees live our vision, core values and guiding principles – sharing a passion to win and a high responsiveness to customer needs that in turn makes us a desirable partner to our clients.
In Australia, we are known for delivering “World-1st” projects for Australia's largest and most renowned telecommunications carriers. This is a chance to play a critical role in the success of the Ericsson organisation in Australia, whilst providing you with a fantastic career development opportunity and the chance to work alongside the brightest minds in our industry.
We invite you to join our team as we work together to solve the world’s biggest challenges.
This position is located in Sydney NSW.
Follow us social media –
We will not be providing a work permit/visa for this position
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics. Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities.
Please Note: We are only interested in applications from individuals and are not interested in any speculative calls or submissions from Recruitment Agencies.
Primary country and city: Australia (AU) || || North Ryde, 11C Talavera Road || IT