Senior Developer in 5G simulation tool
BID - BU Network Products (BNEP) Information and Communications Technology (ICT) and Development Environment in Poland provides a union of services and tools developed for testing networks like 2G, 3G, 4G and 5G. Those test tools and test automation frameworks are required for verification of product and its functionalities during the development process. CSIM-FsUE, CSIM-Cloud, UE Control, GTE and TAO all have an important role in the organization.
CSIM-FsUE: Part of Component Based Simulator is an Ericsson’s platform for multi standard radio base stations. It simulates UEs, Radio Interface, EPS Core Network and the Data generator.
FsUE can verify features, test capacity or throughput of the network and provides different cell and antenna configurations. It is used by both testers and developers of the eNodeB.
We are now looking for a Developer who will be a part of XFT with product responsibility in BID FsUE area. Your role will include development activities such as: requirement analysis, software design and refactoring, integration, verification and product documentation. Our focus is on Lean and Agile ways of working. We organize in cross functional development teams in which continuous improvement, innovation and knowledge sharing is part of the daily work.
- Solid knowledge in C, Erlang programming
- At least 5 years programming experience
- Experience in creating advanced software architectures, redesign and refactoring, competent in design patterns
- Knowledge in Linux systems
- Familiarity with version control systems
- Good communication and collaboration skills
- Coordinating and driving tasks attitude, accelerating project goals
- Proficiency in English
- Education: Master or Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or equivalent formal education with experience in software programming
- Min years of experience: 5 years
- Product development knowledge and Product Lifecycle Management knowledge
- Business understanding
- Working with people and networking
- Innovating, adapting and responding to change
- Delivering results and meeting customer expectations
- Planning and Organizing
- Understanding of telecommunication technologies and network protocols
- Knowledge of fast path packet processing (DPDK, XDP)
- Good knowledge of Java programming and SW testing
- Knowledge of scripting languages (Python, Bash)
- Knowledge of Agile software development methodologies (Scrum) and Lean
- Knowledge of GNU tool chain
Why is Ericsson a great place to work?
Ericsson enables communications service providers to capture the full value of connectivity. The company’s portfolio spans Networks, Digital Services, Managed Services, and Emerging Business and is designed to help our customers go digital, increase efficiency, find new revenue streams, and create new user experiences. Ericsson’s investments in innovation have delivered the benefits of telephony and mobile broadband to billions of people around the world ensuring our solutions – and our customers – are at the forefront of innovation. We support networks that connect more than 2.5 billion subscribers. With over 100,000 employees and customers in 180 countries, we combine global scale with technology and service leadership. 40 percent of the world’s mobile traffic is carried over an Ericsson network. And, our Technology for Good and Connect to Learn programs include creating technology that makes it easier to save lives, feed societies, bring technology to emerging markets and connectivity to remote areas, and grow businesses and prosperity.
At Ericsson, we give our employees the freedom to think big and navigate their career, on a global scale. We create technology that helps others, from helping people enjoy their favourite content to helping people recover from natural disasters by enabling better communications between rescue workers. Your ideas and innovations can turn into achievements that impact society and change the world, creating new connections, new possibilities, and new capabilities. We find that Ericsson is at its best when we bring together the diverse skills of our people. Working across business areas, across cultures, across geographical borders, across technical disciplines. More often than not, across ground-breaking solutions. Next generation technology can be staggeringly complex. But the simpler it is to use; the more people benefit from it. Join us and help build technology that makes it simple to connect with information, business, societies, and each other.