2nd Level PS Operations
At Ericsson, we give our employees the freedom to think big. Your ideas and innovations can turn into achievements that impact society and change the world. Are you ready to be a change-maker?
Learn what makes YOU + Ericsson a powerful combination. Join us today.
We are one of the leading providers of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) to service providers, with about 40% of the world’s mobile traffic carried through our networks. We enable the full value of connectivity by creating game-changing technology and services that are easy to use, adopt and scale, making our customers successful in a fully connected world.
Together, in Romania we create a culture of innovation, constantly transforming to find new ways of working. Opened in 2007, the Global Site in Bucharest is one in only four all over the world, the only one situated in Europe and a vital component in Ericsson’s global services organization. The Romanian site currently counts on a team of 1,900 strong professionals and enthusiastic young specialists and is developing constantly to meet customer needs.
Team Description and Purpose of Role
You will be a Support Engineer in 2nd Level Assurance PS team. The role is to support into production the PS systems of the Ericsson Device Connection Platform (machine-to machine services).
You should have a good knowledge of Packet Core area, on a technical extent (GGSN/PGW, DNS, SAPC). Included in the scope is also maintenance of auxiliary equipment with purposes like back-up, log management, network performance monitoring and management.
Previous Ericsson technical node knowledge is needed, since offered training will be offered, but to a limited extent, while the candidates are expected to be up and running within weeks of successfully being offered the role.
Main Job Responsibilities – you will:
Manage the Ericsson DCP Core PS area within the service domain of our clients; this includes:
- Troubleshoot of Ericsson PS nodes: GGSN/PGW, DNS, SAPC
- Administrate and monitoring of the Packet Core domain
- Management and implementation of new automatic scripts
- Verify and support implementation of configuration changes at the request of the customer or when is needed for performance reasons
- Impact analysis for standard/emergency changes
- Coordinate and work together with other teams such as: 3nd line of support, engineering, R&D
- Provide work instructions and improvements of the processes
- Actively participate and contribute in the problem management process when necessary
- Cover 24x7 On Call duty on request to support the 1st level assurance teams
- You have at least 3 years of experience in relevant technology
- You have experience in management of an Packet Core network
- You are familiar and with a good business understanding of the M2M (machine to machine) landscape
- You have working experience in Linux, routing protocols (BGP, OSPF), MPLS, IPSec
- You have a very good knowledge and understanding of Managed Services Delivery Model and its processes
- You have ITIL knowledge
- You are result oriented and with a sense of urgency related to the service delivery, according to the operational agreements in place
- You have experience with the interpretation of quality indicators to detect weaknesses and implement corrective actions on the Core PS network;
- You are proactive approach in order to minimize or eliminate the business-critical situations
- You have an end user orientation/ Customer orientation with excellent understanding of service providers / operator’s business requirements - be able to create true client value
- You are highly developed skills in knowledge sharing by actively contributing knowledge, experiences and skills to create a learning culture.
- You have a relevant graduate degree
- You are fluent in English spoken and written at a level sufficient to maintain relationships with colleagues and corporate organizations with which it is connected
- You have the ability to cope in a fast-changing environment; flexible and responsive to changing work patterns and demands;
- You are an effective communicator, both written and verbal
- You have the ability to work within a global, remote workforce
- You have the ability to work independently and in a team environment
- You have the ability to work under pressure.
What we offer
- We will value your competences
- You will work in a dynamic company along with the smartest people in the industry
- You will benefit from a wide range of learning and transfer knowledge from/to your colleagues
- You will have access to latest technology and support to showcase your bright ideas
- You will enjoy Ericsson’s ways of working that value the importance of work life balance
- Benefits package: including premium healthcare & gym subscriptions
- You will be part of an active community via Brand Ambassadors, CSR Activities, Sports Teams etc.
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Romania (RO) || || Bucharest || Consulting&SysInt; IT; SharedServ
Req ID: 257008