Head of Government & Industry Relations
We are looking for Head of Government and Industry Relations (GIR) who can create a favorable environment for Ericsson’s and our customers’ success through thought leadership and trusted advice that proactively influences governments and industry organizations, in policies, legislation and regulations for ICT and trade.
Responsibilities & Tasks:
· Establish/maintain contacts with GIR target groups
· Represent Ericsson in relevant GIR organizations
· Participate in and contribute to GIR networks
· Contribute to the development/use of GIR positions
· Contribute to a strategic regulatory outlook
· Contribute to the development and implementation of global Ericsson and/or regional Influencing Plans
· Identify and leverage influencing opportunities
· Promote understanding of GIR influencing; support the development of GIR competence
· Promote GIR positions
· Provide support to the Sales Compliance Board
· Persuading & Influencing
· Presenting & Communicating Information
· Relating & Networking
· Deciding & Initiating Action
· Adhering to Principles & Values
· Commercial thinking
Preferred Qualification & Experience Requirements
· Post-secondary degree in law, business administration, science or a similar area, or corresponding acquired skills/knowledge
· Broad, general ICT industry competence
· Highly developed understanding of national policies, regulations and legislation, and associated processes and actors
· Highly developed understanding of regional and global policies, regulations and legislation, processes and actors; where relevant
· Good understanding of relationships and influences between national, regional and global policies/regulations and processes
· Ability to identify, analyze and describe significance of regulatory (and related policy) initiatives and trends to the telecom market in general and to Ericsson’s customers and business in particular
· Ability to identify regulatory-induced business opportunities and constraints
· Strategic utilization of influencing and lobbying skills based on effective communication and active engagement.
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Russian Federation (RU) || || Moscow || SalesStratMkt&ComMgt
Job details: Strategy Management Job Stage 08