UI Software Architect
This is an exciting opportunity to undertake an Architectural function using the best techniques available in a fast-moving product-centric environment. You will be a key part of a cross-functional product development group using agile management and engineering practices.
The UI Software Architect is a key role within the platform development team working to design, author and implement front-end software applications and solutions with the aim to build a portfolio of platform services that allows Red Bee and its client base to tackle an ever-changing media environment.
This role requires working closely with other skilled architects, developers, testers, product owners and business stakeholders to help innovate and design solutions across the domain of Media Management. This is a hands-on role, with architects expected to contribute code as well as design and support for developers.
The ideal candidate should be an experienced Software Architect with the following areas of expertise:
- A positive, constructive agile approach with an emphasis on collaboration and flexibility
- A passion for all aspects of software development from design through refining
- Solid experience of delivering front-end web applications, with hands-on knowledge of technologies such as:
- Experience of building high-performance UI systems which scale linearly
- Experience of designing a Continuous Integration, ideally continuous deployment using Jenkins or similar
- Thorough understanding of multi-tier web applications and services
- Experience of contributing towards designing a software quality testing framework to enable performance testing, stress/load testing, functional testing and security testing.
- Working with solution architects to successfully transition into production
- Demonstrable, hands-on experience and skill in software development, experience of Linux, Windows, Java, JSON, SQL, NoSQL, ADFS
- AWS design/development/deployment, including in particular:
- API Gateway
- Knowledge of Go, Python, Docker
- Lean software development
- Experience of automation for QA and DevOps
- Big data and machine learning
- Liaising with offshore and/or outsourced development teams
- Experience influencing product roadmaps
- An enthusiasm for new technologies and their application for both business and consumers.
- A natural curiosity and a passion for learning new skills. A continuous improvement mindset.
- The tenacity to keep going when things get difficult, an optimistic and upbeat personal manner.
- The interpersonal skills required to build credible, long-term relationships with clients, colleagues and partners.
- The ability to provide solutions and guidelines that are strategic but also relevant, cost-effective and deliverable.
- Strong communication skills, both written and spoken. The ability to vocalise the issues and initiatives of the day in a positive manner.
- A suitably analytical approach, the ability to critically evaluate ideas and information, select relevant data, and identify key trends, issues, problems and solutions.
- An ability to deliver on time and on budget
- A demonstrable concern for results and achieving goals, with high standards of performance and a desire to improve on previous performance levels
- Able to gain commitment and confidence from teams who are not direct reports.
- High-quality communication skills across all media and across a range of situations.
- Highly resilient, flexible and accommodating under pressure.
- Technical degree or equivalent experience required
- Computer Science, Broadcast Media or Maths background highly desired
- Working knowledge of software development practices and technologies highly desired
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: United Kingdom (GB) || || London || IT
Job details: ICT Architect Job Stage 08