Strategic Sourcing Manager
What does your future look like?
We are on the brink of the Networked Society - a technology revolution that will change the world for good through instant global connections and expanded freedom and opportunity.
Ericsson is a world leader in the rapidly changing environment of communications technology – providing equipment, software and services to enable transformation through mobility. Headquartered in Stockholm – Sweden, Ericsson is a publically listed company with more than 115,000 employees
More than 180 countries use Ericsson equipment and more than 40 percent of the world's mobile traffic passes through Ericsson networks. Technology is at the heart of our business. Ericsson engineers, researchers and scientists around the world are working on what’s next in information, communications and telecommunications (ICT).
A connected world is just the beginning. Your passion determines what comes next! Apply your ideas and insights to empowering people, business and society.
Come and discover what makes YOU + ERICSSON a powerful combination
We welcome the opportunity to meet you!
In this role, you will:
- Develop cost effective Ericsson wide category strategies that are based on cross-functional requirements and business needs in both regions and business units
- Have accountability for supplier business intelligence, benchmarking practice and category market knowledge, establishing a cost effective and competitive market place that optimizes Ericsson’s supplier business
- Responsible for preferred supplier list and internal compliance to it
- Manage, influence and direct goods and services suppliers to ensure the goals of the business units are met
- Participate in cross business negotiations and driving the awareness of benefits from these activities back into the business
- Pro-actively work with customer business units in the sourcing of third party products in all aspects of tenders and proposals, including provision of innovative, commercially source advise and solutions.
As our ideal candidate, you will have:
- Relevant tertiary qualification
- Demonstrate competence and experience in negotiating for standard products and services
- Experience in Services and / or Construction sourcing would be highly regarded
- Strong background in all aspects of contracting for services, preferably acquired in the construction or telecommunication industry
- Experience in management of commercial and contractual conditions, management of outsourced services, and utilising supplier positioning and referencing assessments tools will also be held in high regard
- Ability to build strong relationships with relevant stakeholders (e.g. General Management, Business Development Managers, Sales/technical representatives and external suppliers).
Ericsson offers a truly global company, with a diverse, performance-driven culture, an innovative and engaging environment and opportunities to work across borders. Our employees live our vision, core values and guiding principles – sharing a passion to win and a high responsiveness to customer needs that in turn makes us a desirable partner to our clients.
In Australia, we are known for delivering “World-1st” projects for Australia's largest and most renowned telecommunications carriers. This is a chance to play a critical role in the success of the Ericsson organisation in Australia, whilst providing you with a fantastic career development opportunity and the chance to work alongside the brightest minds in our industry.
We invite you to join our team as we work together to solve the world’s biggest challenges.
This position is located in Docklands, Victoria.
Follow us social media –
Please Note: We are only interested in applications from individuals and are not interested in any speculative calls or submissions from Recruitment Agencies.
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Australia (AU) || || Melbourne || IT