5G Indoor Radio Software Designer
Are you ready to create the 5G future?
Predicting the future is fun. Inventing it is powerful. We do both.
5G is coming soon, and Ericsson is the earliest leader in bringing it to market. With the commercial launch of 5G expected in 2020, and pre-commercial trials already happening now, there’s never been a better time for you to make your mark. The possibilities are endless across industries – from automotive and transport to agriculture, utilities, and more.
1. World-leading provider(Top 2) of telecommunications equipment & services to mobile & fixed network operators. Over 1,000 networks in more than 180 countries use Ericsson equipment, & more than 40 percent of the world's mobile traffic passes through Ericsson networks.
2. One of the world top 500 enterprises.
3. Global company, working across borders in 175 countries, offering a diverse, performance-driven culture & an innovative & engaging environment.
4. Offers a stimulating work experience, continuous learning & growth opportunities that allow you to acquire the knowledge & skills necessary to reach your career goals.
Radio Software strives to be the most competitive Radio Network R&D unit in the industry. We work in an agile set up to develop and maintain competitive, high-quality Radio products which give our customers solutions securing future growth. We develop 5G, LTE, WCDMA, GSM Network solutions to operators all over the world.
As an experienced software designer you will develop & maintain Software of Ericsson Radio Product for 5G network and support mixed configuration for legacy radio access networks. You will be working in different development activities like requirement analysis, design, integration, verification, configuration management, PLM support and product documentation.
A successful candidate will be highly motivated, autonomous and innovative. You will be part of a cross functional team working on the implementation and enhancement of the 5G radio software. It is necessary to be flexible and thereby being able to handle the work needed in order for the team to achieve its goals.
Responsibilities & Tasks
- 5G feature systemization and participate in pre-studies as needed
- Implementation of 5G radio software architecture, functionality and features with high quality
- Focus on 5G Indoor product.
- End-to-end responsibility for feature development
- Perform trouble shooting and customer support
- Drive continuous improvements of products and processes
Position Qualifications (Application direction)
- Bachelor/Master degree in Electronic Engineering/Communication/Computer Science or related information technology area
- 2+ years' experience in software design of embedded system
- Excellent programming skills with C/C++, and Java is a plus
- Strong knowledge of mobile network and LTE & 5G specifications on Radio Access Network aspects
- Familiar with Unix/Linux environment and GIT tool
- Multi-core processor programming competence
- Radio product hardware system knowledge is a plus
- Baseband & RF knowledge of wireless product is preferred
- Delivering results and meeting customer expectations
- Good communication skills and verbal/written English capabilities. CET-6 or above.
- Fighting & collaboration spirit
- Can travel abroad (Canada, Sweden) for short term assignments
- Co-work with partners in different time zone(s).
- Anti-pressure personality
- Understand and co-work with partner under different culture
Position Qualifications (Embedded Software direction)
- At least Master degree in Telecomm , Computing, Electronic Engineering or relevant majors.
- 2+ years of software development experience
- Excellent SW programming skills, C/C++ programming skills and interest is a must
- Good OS knowledge, CPU architecture, embedded system, driver development and bootloader debugging skills or experiences.
- Familiar with common BUSes and drivers, eg I2C, SPI, IO, 232/485, Flash, CPU and Ethernet etc.
- System thinking
- Multi-core processor programming
- Real time embedded systems
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- General programming skills is an advantage, e.g. Java, Erlang
- Hardware & FPGA knowledge is a plus.
- Experience in Agile&Lean ways of working
- Knowledge Sharing & Collaboration Skills
- Coaching & Mentoring Skills
- Modern working environment with bright, collaborative open office space and cool adjustable desks that you can sit or stand at
- Collaborative, helpful work teams where knowledge sharing is valued and plenty of help is provided
- Formal trainings every year for continuously building staffs’ competence.
- Lots of activities for employees to participate in, eg badminton club, basketball club, parent club etc.
- Free parking. Nearby CBD area.
- Free shuttle bus to most residential area in the city.
- Free coffee, tea and drinks for daily work.
- Big canteen with famous food vendor, offering breakfast, lunch and supper. Modern coffer bar offering coffee & desserts.
- Opportunities to travel to European countries and cooperate with international team members.
- Annual paid leave & Sick leave. Social Insurance and Housing Fund. etc.
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: China (CN) || || Nanjing || R&D
Req ID: 256282