Cloud DevOps and Infrastructure Engineer for Packet Core
We are now looking for a Cloud DevOps and Infrastructure Engineer to maintain and develop an efficient development environment for the Cloud Packet Core product. Your role will include all development activities such as: requirement analysis, system design, architecture design, software design, integration, verification, simulations, tools design, Product Lifecycle Management support and product documentation. We stand at the forefront of Agile software development, using methods like Lean and Scrum to create a product that excels. Early customer and stakeholder feedback is a key element in our development process which is based on Continuous Integration SW practices. We rely on team collective responsibility to complete all tasks according to an established backlog priority.
To expand our organization’s capacity, we are looking for ambitious, intelligent, creative and inspiring individuals to join us. We provide a fun and challenging environment where you can grow and help to inspire your colleagues to further growth.
- You will drive strategic technical leadership and 5G Core interests in Ericsson communities
- Perform continuous analysis and requirement handling
- Develop and test high quality tools and environments
- Integrate open source
- Perform advanced trouble shooting
- Drive continuous improvements of environments, tools and processes
- Develop competence, docuement and teach in technical domain
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Mathematics or related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience maintaining internet facing production-grade applications in virtualized environments such as cloud computing platforms and services.
- Experience writing scripts in one or more languages such as Python, Go and/or similar.
- Experience working with development, deployment and orchestration technologies (such as Git, Docker, Kubernetes, Jenkins).
- Experience serving in the capacity of a technical consultant or advisor, or equivalent client-facing engineering or technical consulting experience.
- Experience working with scalable networking technologies such as Load Balancers/Firewalls and web standards (REST APIs, web security mechanisms).
- Experience working with deployment and orchestration technologies (such as Mesos, OpenStack, Ansible and Spinnaker).
- Understanding of open source server software (such as NGINX, RabbitMQ, Redis, Elasticsearch).
- Familiarity with standard IT security practices such as encryption, certificates and key management.
Why is Ericsson a great place to work?
Ericsson enables communications service providers to capture the full value of connectivity. The company’s portfolio spans Networks, Digital Services, Managed Services, and Emerging Business and is designed to help our customers go digital, increase efficiency, find new revenue streams, and create new user experiences. Ericsson’s investments in innovation have delivered the benefits of telephony and mobile broadband to billions of people around the world ensuring our solutions – and our customers – are at the forefront of innovation. We support networks that connect more than 2.5 billion subscribers. With close to 100,000 employees and customers in 180 countries, we combine global scale with technology and service leadership. 40 percent of the world’s mobile traffic is carried over an Ericsson network. And, our Technology for Good and Connect to Learn programs include creating technology that makes it easier to save lives, feed societies, bring technology to emerging markets and connectivity to remote areas, and grow businesses and prosperity.
At Ericsson, we give our employees the freedom to think big and navigate their career, on a global scale. We create technology that helps others, from helping people enjoy their favourite content to helping people recover from natural disasters by enabling better communications between rescue workers. Your ideas and innovations can turn into achievements that impact society and change the world, creating new connections, new possibilities, and new capabilities. We find that Ericsson is at its best when we bring together the diverse skills of our people. Working across business areas, across cultures, across geographical borders, across technical disciplines. More often than not, across ground-breaking solutions. Next generation technology can be staggeringly complex. But the simpler it is to use; the more people benefit from it. Join us and help build technology that makes it simple to connect with information, business, societies, and each other.
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Sweden (SE) || || Göteborg || R&D
Req ID: 256203