Software Developer-Cloud Execution Environment
We are looking for engineers for Ericsson Cloud Execution Environment (CEE) who develops & maintains our OpenStack based network function virtualization (NFV) platform. Our product is the virtualization, control, and management layer in the Ericsson Cloud System portfolio. It is a cloud platform securing that several applications, such as virtual network functions, can effectively share the infrastructure resources in terms of compute, storage, and network.
Your role will be to develop, or test & integrate open source components and Ericsson proprietary add-ons and through verification ensure that the parts are working together in customer environment. At the same time, you will be able to constantly learn new cutting edge open source technologies, gain experience in various areas of product development, integration, verification, maintenance and support. Beside this you can deepen your knowledge in DevOps ways of working and enterprise product delivery.
You will love this role if you like playing with Linux, integrating and configuring components, writing scripts, troubleshooting, documenting, verifying on real hardware as well as in virtual environment and eventually coding to achieve a smoothly working and well-integrated product.
Responsibilities & Tasks:
- Design or test infrastructure from open source components and perform troubleshooting in internal as well as customer networks
- Take part in the full development cycle from system design, through development, integration, verification, and deployment to customer support
- Drive continuous improvements of products and processes
- Constantly develop your competences
- Fluency in English both written and oral
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science or extensive experience in related area
- Strong hands-on mentality and flexibility to perform whatever task that needs to be done in the software development cycle
- Solid understanding of software development, from design and architecture through verification, release, and customer support
- Experience with Linux system administration
- Experience in programming and shell scripting (e.g., Python, bash)
- Passion and engagement in constantly making things better
You have a big plus if you have some experience in some of the areas below:
- Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) and test automation (e.g., Tempest)
- Configuration management (e.g., Puppet, Ansible, SaltStack)
- DevOps tools (e.g., Git, Gerrit, Jenkins, job DSL, MaaS)
- IP networking concepts and packet analysis (e.g., Ethernet, TCP/IP, wireshark / tcpdump)
- Virtualization (e.g., KVM, QEMU, libvirt) and Cloud technologies (e.g., OpenStack, Docker)
- Agile methodologies (e.g., Kanban )