Customer Solution Sales Manager - Networks Domain
This position is responsible for pre-sales and CSR support of Ericsson’s RAN Transport Portfolio, including Microwave and Fiber-based Mobile Backhaul, Fronthaul, and applicable 3PP Transport offerings. This is part of the MANA Network Equipment Products team which develops innovative & profitable network solutions for Ericsson's Region North American customers and is done according to Ericsson Sales process.
Responsibilities & Tasks
Perform strategic business analysis, market development, and pre-sales activities (60% of time) via research and analysis of market, technology, standards, customer requirements and competitor trends for the development of RAN Transport solutions. Support BNEW Product Management teams by preparing market requirement specifications for new and/or enhanced products. Interface with Ericsson product management groups for RAN Transport offerings including Microwave and Fiber-based Mobile Backhaul, Fronthaul, and applicable 3PP offerings, as well as interfacing with product development organizations to secure development of offerings that meet customers' needs in a timely manner. Organize and lead product discussions with CU Teams and Customers with focus on RAN Transport technologies and network infrastructure capabilities, i.e. technology benefits, network characteristics, services and features, dimensioning and capacity analysis based on end-user behavior and applications, transport, KPIs, etc.
Participate in the Ericsson sales process, by performing and/or supporting pre-sales activities and the Customer Solution Responsible (CSR) role (40% of time). Participate as needed in RFx responses, tenders, presentations, consultations and commercial proposals by providing product information, total solution value argumentation including bill of materials and driving the tender network designs. Provide guidance and input on Services dimensioning as needed. Meet customers and guide them into purchasing Ericsson products and solutions. Represent Ericsson at trade shows, seminars, etc. As technical lead, drive customer trials, market introduction (FOA projects) and solutions readiness programs in the Region. Support Product Lines as part of a continuous effort to ensure high quality products and customer documentation.
Activities include, but are not limited to:
- Create/deliver customer value & thought leadership content
- Lead virtual/functional team to support CU/KAM to grow within & beyond current business
- Conduct in-depth business and technical discussions with the customer & analyze customer business environments, technical requirements, plans & issues
- Generate & manage leads to increase the 36 month sales funnel
- Create value argumentation through generating customer business cases
- Identify & proactively drive new business opportunities
- Build, manage & expand the regional offering portfolio in a specific area of competence and/or business
- Drive knowledge transfer among relevant communities within Ericsson
- Develop & deliver customer presentations including solutions, value argumentations & business cases
Core Competences the candidate must have:
- Hands-on experience in a subject matter expert role in the RAN Transport area is required.
- Previous experience in a customer-facing organization, especially with Tier 1 Mobile Network Operators.
- In-depth knowledge of RAN Transport solutions, products and technologies for RAN Transport to include Mobile Backhaul, Fronthaul, Microwave, IP/Ethernet network interfaces, services, features, protocols, QoS, SDN, IP/MPLS transport technologies, O&M, KPIs, and network performance.
- Knowledge and background in Juniper Router portfolio including MX, PTX, SRX, and virtual versions of these products, along with Juniper network management software
- Knowledge and background in Cisco Router portfolio including ASR and NCS product families and virtual versions of these products, along with Cisco network management software
- Knowledge and background in Nokia Router portfolio including 7705, 7210, 7750, 7790 and virtual versions of these products, along with Nokia network management software
- Solid understanding of RAN technology of 2G/3G/4G network products, related standards and technology evolution (i.e, 3GPP, 3GPP2, etc.)
- Excellent knowledge of both competitive and industry IP/Ethernet technologies.
- Industry Knowledge of evolving 5G Transport, Microwave, and IP Broadband and converged technologies, vendors, competitors, and service partners
- A good understanding of end-user applications and their impact on the overall network performance.
- Demonstrate business development, creative mindset with the ability to effectively present business driven topics, offers and products to customers at all levels, demonstrating the value of the proposed solution.
- Past experience working in a direct customer-facing role with related pre-sales responsibilities is required.
- Excellent communication skills, team player attitude and ability to build a trustworthy and lasting relationship with the customer, Customer Units and other internal organizations is necessary for this position.
- Strong presentation skills are required in order to successfully secure the Ericsson portfolio in the market place.
- Ability to listen and negotiation skills are essential.
- Problem Solving & Strategic Thinking
- Customer Insight
- Consultative Selling Skills, willingness to travel to customer locations as needed
- Negotiation & argumentation Skills
- Knowledge and background in Ericsson RAN, Microwave, Optical Transport, and IP Routing products
- Software Defined Networking
- Knowledge with mobile devices and radio network products and technology
- Business acumen
- Strategic agility
Minimum Qualifications & Experience Requirements:
- 7+ years of experience in relationship sales within the ICT industry with at least 5 years in sales engineering and leadership positions
- Knowledge and background in IP Routing, Ethernet networking
- Leading virtual teams
We welcome the opportunity to meet you!
DISCLAIMER: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position. Therefore employees assigned may be required to perform additional job tasks required by the manager.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/Disabled/Veterans. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, protected veteran status, union membership or genetics information. Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, protected veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Ericsson will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by Ericsson or (c) consistent with Ericsson’s legal duty to furnish information.
Employee Polygraph Protection Act Notice - Employers are generally prohibited from requiring or requesting any employee or job applicant to take a lie detector test, and from discharging, disciplining, or discriminating against an employee or prospective employee for refusing to take a test or for exercising other rights under the Act. For more information, visit https://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/eppac.pdf.
Ericsson is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified disabled individuals during the application and hiring process. Ericsson will make modifications or adjustments to the job application or interview process that will enable a qualified applicant to be considered for a position. If you require an accommodation due to a disability, please contact Ericsson at email@example.com or (866) 374-2272 (US) or (877) 338-9966 (Canada) for further assistance.
Primary country and city: United States (US) || || Bellevue || SalesStratMkt&ComMgt