We are now looking for a Support Engineer that will provide technical service and support to our customers in Radia Access Network domain. In this role, you will troubleshoot and resolve problems to stabilize and optimize customer networks. You will configure and integrate different nodes and solutions in new and live customer networks.
The Support Engineer typically interacts with customer technical staff, operation managers, service engineers and other groups within the Service Delivery organization. You may also interact with groups in sales, R&D, 3rd party suppliers and local authorities.
As there are no distinct borders between the technology areas, you will need to be flexible and master more than one area. The technical development is rapid and you are responsible for continuously keeping your competence and skills up to date.
Working as a support engineer will require a broad knowledge within telecom and Datacom, covering both hardware, software and network knowledge. You will work, collaborate, and communicate in an international environment, both with colleagues internally as well as customers and suppliers to Ericsson. The role more than often requires you to take on big responsibility and it is important that you can work independently.
- Customer issue handling via Customer Service Request
- Handling technical investigation with global support engineers
- Handling emergency recoveries upon customers requests
- Investigation reporting to the customer
- Software Update Management (SUM) handling
- Act as investigation Leader for customer issues
- Handling both hardware and software issues
- Education: Bachelor´s in Telecom or related
- Min years of experience: 4years
- Domain experience: LTE
- Negotiation & argumentation skills
- Planning & organizing skills
- Delivering results & meeting customer expectations
- Presentation & communication skill
- Helpful nature to others
- Japanese level Native or equivalent a must
- English level mid level or above
- Technical knowledge and experience in LTE a must
- Technical knowledge and experience in IoT a plus
- Problem solving skills a must
- Leadership skills a must
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Japan (JP) || || Yokohama || Consulting&SysInt
Req ID: 255987