Solution Engineering Manager
Ericsson is a world leader in the rapidly changing environment of communications technology – providing equipment, software and services to enable transformation through mobility.
Technology is at the heart of our business. Ericsson engineers, researchers and scientists around the world are working on what’s next in information, communications and telecommunications (ICT).
A connected world is just the beginning. Your passion determines what comes next! Apply your ideas and insights to empowering people, business and society.
Come and discover what makes YOU + ERICSSON a powerful combination
The Solution Engineering Service Delivery Unit Manager leads a team of Radio and Transmission Telecommunications Solution Architects and Engineers covering site build practices to site acceptance and is accountable for driving business outcomes, securing successful delivery and maximising customer satisfaction on our Radio Access Network and Transmission contracts. The function also provides Engineering Services related scoping and project execution planning for pre-sales and customer engagements.
The role reports to the Australia and New Zealand’s Head of Build and Optimise Service Delivery unit.
In this role, you will:
- Ensure service delivery execution both for presales and delivery
- Contribute and support services sales with a focus on accurate scope, cost definition and risk management.
- Apply global service delivery strategy
- Apply service delivery process and models
- Drive innovation and automation
- Support governance of the project portfolio
- Ensure the capability forecast dimensioning is according to the business requirements
- Create a productive work environment for the team and functional area
- Drive performance management
- Drive competence management
- Fulfil Resource demand
- Manage unit finances
Position Qualifications & Experience:
- Strong Telecom Industry experience with at least 5 years in a leadership position.
- A strong understanding of Radio Access Networks Telecommunications site build, site engineering design and acceptance.
- Strong communication skills with a proven ability to understand key concepts when liaising with project teams, business stakeholders and senior management
- Ability to work in a matrix organisation and a complex operating environment.
- Outcome focussed working with people – coach, develop and build the team’s performance.
- Strong business and financial acumen.
- Innovation skills – push ideas and create differentiators.
- Management of change projects to implement new ways of working.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Management of offshore delivery teams
This Role Offers:
- An opportunity to be part of a successful Telecommunications company and work in an exciting and fast paced environment.
- A collaborative, high performance team environment that operates under a strong, supportive local leadership team.
- An organisation that values diversity, empowerment, and people development
- Opportunity to challenge and further grow in your career
- Work life balance through flexible working arrangement
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Please Note: The role is to be based in Melbourne and right to work in Australia is a must.
Primary country and city: Australia (AU) || || Melbourne || IT
Job details: Service Delivery Line Manager Job Stage 07