Senior Commercial Contract Manager Romania
At Ericsson, we give our employees the freedom to think big. Your ideas and innovations can turn into achievements that impact society and change the world. Are you ready to be a change-maker?
Learn what makes YOU + Ericsson a powerful combination. Join us today.
We are one of the leading providers of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) to service providers, with about 40% of the world’s mobile traffic carried through our networks. We enable the full value of connectivity by creating game-changing technology and services that are easy to use, adopt and scale, making our customers successful in a fully connected world.
Together, in Romania we create a culture of innovation, constantly transforming to find new ways of working. Opened in 2007, the Global Site in Bucharest is one in only four all over the world, the only one situated in Europe and a vital component in Ericsson’s global services organization. The Romanian site currently counts on a team of 1,900 strong professionals and enthusiastic young specialists and is developing constantly to meet customer needs.
Main accountabilities – you will:
- Key commercial interface and drive negotiation with customers on agreements across all areas of Ericsson’s Networks and Managed Services business, ensuring compliance to company policies, Sales Directives and other relevant directives in force.
- Provide guidance and assistance on interpretation of contractual clauses and obligations as required by the business with reference to Group Legal when necessary.
- Ensure strict contractual scope bounding is established to protect against any profit leakage through scope creep, e.g. via agreed change control.
- Provide internal guidance on mitigation claims and resolve any escalations via commercial governance. Maintain knowledge of operational issues which could result in commercial disputes. Advise operational teams on commercial risk mitigation strategies.
- Negotiate and resolve commercial disputes and settlements relating to the contracted scope.
- Protect Ericsson's rights under contract and ensure the proper performance of the respective party’s obligations
- Defend and improve profitability and working capital via professional risk- and claim management.
- Lead the Change Control Process from a contractual perspective
- Based in Ericsson’s main office in Romania and predominantly focused on the wide scope of pre-sales and post-award activities
- Manage and support new and ongoing business opportunities and deals through adherence to Ericsson Sales Process and established MELA Way of Working and Governance, including Opportunity and Qualification Board (OQB) and Offer Review Board (ORB). Work closely with the Sales teams to ensure professional risk awareness and contract compliance towards the Ericsson wanted position.
- Experienced and confident dealing with both customers and management at all levels
- Customer interface and negotiation experience
- Proven Risk and Claim Management experience
- Excellent relationship development skills at all levels
- Strong contractual and business law awareness
- Proven track record of commercial management and business case development
- Experience with and knowledge of Network roll-out, Managed Service deals and/or Telecom Infrastructure a strong plus
- Good appreciation of operational and financial issues
- Creative, innovative mind-set to spot opportunities and synergies
- Tenacious, determined and self-managing
- Fluency in Romanian, English both written and oral, additional languages are a plus
- University degree in relevant discipline such as law/business administration/finance/engineering (or similar/equivalent)
- IACCM certified or equivalent is a plus
What we offer
- We will value your competences
- You will work in a dynamic company along with the smartest people in the industry
- You will benefit from a wide range of learning and transfer knowledge from/to your colleagues
- You will have access to latest technology and support to showcase your bright ideas
- You will enjoy Ericsson’s ways of working that value the importance of work life balance
- Benefits package: including premium healthcare & gym subscriptions
- You will be part of an active community via Brand Ambassadors, CSR Activities, Sports Teams etc.
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Romania (RO) || || Bucharest || Consulting&SysInt; IT
Req ID: 255769