vIMS/VoLTE Integration Engineer
At Ericsson, we give our employees the freedom to think big. Your ideas and innovations can turn into achievements that impact society and change the world. Are you ready to be a change-maker?
Learn what makes YOU + Ericsson a powerful combination. Join us today.
We are one of the leading providers of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) to service providers, with about 40% of the world’s mobile traffic carried through our networks. We enable the full value of connectivity by creating game-changing technology and services that are easy to use, adopt and scale, making our customers successful in a fully connected world.
Together, in Romania we create a culture of innovation, constantly transforming to find new ways of working. Opened in 2007, the Global Site in Bucharest is one in only four all over the world, the only one situated in Europe and a vital component in Ericsson’s global services organization. The Romanian site currently counts on a team of 1,900 strong professionals and enthusiastic young specialists and is developing constantly to meet customer needs.
The IMS/VoLTE Integration Engineer will analyze, prepare, implement and verify the configuration and integration of a node, network and/or system. Your scope of work could include the scenarios of introduction, upgrade expansion, functionality and capacity. Your work will in part form our customer legacy.
Main accountabilities – you will:
- Manage networks and nodes within the IMS domain of our customers 2.5G, 3G & 4G networks (SIP, H323, IMS/IMT, VoLTE, VoWiFi)
- Support pre-sales activities, including pre-studies
- Plan the implementation of the product configuration / integration work
- Execute product configuration, integration and migration work as well as troubleshooting of IMS/VoLTE Core nodes, networks and solutions at the customer premises or remote
- Prepare system test, module test and acceptance test
- Secure that the delivered solution is properly implemented and works according to the requirements
- Handle verification, integration and troubleshooting of complete End-to-End solutions in a Multi-Vendor Set-up
- Provide Solution Support including handling of Helpdesks and Customer Support Requests
- Handle preparation and execution of supply and acceptance projects with the customer
- Handle commissioning and integration of new sites
- Handle preparation, verification and execution of Software upgrades and updates
- Closely cooperate with the different Ericsson organizations and third party suppliers
- Perform Configuration Management, i.e. generating and updating customer solution documentations and descriptions
- Undertake fault handling and corrective actions on node, service and infrastructure level
- Handle project activities, implementing / adapting (new) IMS E2E service functionalities, nodes, services
- When needed, cover the 7x24 monitoring shift responsibilities (On call support, Baby Sitting activities etc.)
- Provide input, implement and verify improvements in processes and work instructions
- Verify and implement configuration changes
- Work to identify and drive improvements
- Handle post project activities
- Execute test
Technical Skills - you have:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering/Computer Science or equivalent
- Knowledge of IMS Architecture and components
- Good knowledge of operation and troubleshooting of main IMS Core Nodes SBG, CSCF, HSS, MTAS, MGC, MGW, DNS
- Good knowledge in SIP, Diameter (Radius), DNS, RTP, ISUP, ISDN, TCP/IP and all IP technologies (CCNA level required), SS7
- Understanding of PSTN
- Linux working knowledge (file system, bash scripting, crontab)
- Ericsson Platform knowledge: TSP, IS, EBS, MRS, BSP is an advantage
- At least 2 years of work experience in a telecommunications environment (IMS, MSS, IP BB, PS) or customer services and support on 2nd Level or Planning & Design or Build activities
- Deep debugging knowledge, project implementation and network configuration
- Very good English skills
- German knowledge (as a plus)
Personal Skills - you are:
- Great communication and negotiation skills
- Able to work with teams from different locations
- Analytical and proactive
- Customer oriented, able to link the customer requests to our services and service development.
- Problem Solving & strategic thinking.
- Analytical learning and researching skills.
- Available to travel abroad about 30% of the time.
What we offer
- Competitive Salary Package
- Benefits package: including premium healthcare & gym subscriptions
- Work from home & flexible working hours
- We will value your competences
- You will work in a dynamic company along with the smartest people in the industry
- You will benefit from a wide range of learning and transfer knowledge from/to your colleagues
- You will have access to latest technology and support to showcase your bright ideas
- Great working environment that value the importance of work life- balance
- You will be part of an active community via Brand Ambassadors, CSR Activities, Sports Teams
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Romania (RO) || || Bucharest || Consulting&SysInt; IT
Req ID: 255611