We are looking for a Software Architect in the Red Bee Media Software Integration Team.
Job purpose is to deliver bespoke software development projects on Ericsson’s in-house software services using industry standard tools including Jira and Confluence. This role sits within the internal Ericsson - Red Bee Media Video Software Integration Team. The Video Software Integration team provides software integration between 3rd party systems and workflow layers to ensure the efficient provision of media services to our clients. This role will help define those systems and will be integral in ensuring excellent design and implementation quality.
Your role will include:
- Build and maintain strong relationships – relationships with project stakeholders, including key business users and external suppliers. To liaise closely with business users and solution architects to ensure a close fit exists between business needs and technical solutions throughout the software development lifecycle. To communicate concepts and technically lead our experienced remote development team.
- Understanding business needs – build an understanding of how the business operates and its key processes. Work in partnership with key business users. Understand the business requirements from the customer and convert them to technical design. Take business requirements and map them to objects in problem solving manners.
- Technical responsibilities – limit choices available during development by choosing a standard way of delivering and defining/choosing an application framework for the solution. Recognise potential reuse in the organisation by observing and understanding the broader environment. Subdivide a complex application, during the design phase, into smaller and more manageable pieces. Understand the interaction and dependencies among components. Drive standards and new technologies.
- Excellent understanding of the core Java platform and associated integration technology stack. To include Java1.7 or above, Jboss, Mule, Camel, Maven and Nexus, Jenkins CI, Spring and Hibernate frameworks (including Spring Boot), and SVN & GIT distributed version control system
- Detailed knowledge of unit testing and mocking frameworks, and the Test Driven Development paradigm
- Good understanding of how to deliver projects using Agile (Kanban and Scrum)
- Exposure to Atlassian tools, in particular Jira and Confluence
- Able to convey complex design solutions using an excellent understanding of UML
- Excellent knowledge of Relational Databases, including MySQL, and good working knowledge of multi-user database systems
- Good understanding of non-functional areas such as performance and scalability
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Cordys BPM platform Design experience in a commercial environment dealing with business critical systems
- Experience of having used a front-end framework such as AngularJS or Bootstrap
- A degree level qualification in Computer Science or similar discipline, or equivalent business experience
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: United Kingdom (GB) || || London || Consulting&SysInt
Req ID: 255334