Radio Technical Coordinator
Why is Ericsson a great place to work?
Ericsson enables communications service providers to capture the full value of connectivity. The company’s portfolio spans Networks, Digital Services, Managed Services, and Emerging Business and is designed to help our customers go digital, increase efficiency, find new revenue streams, and create new user experiences. Ericsson’s investments in innovation have delivered the benefits of telephony and mobile broadband to billions of people around the world ensuring our solutions – and our customers – are at the forefront of innovation. We support networks that connect more than 2.5 billion subscribers. With over 100,000 employees and customers in 180 countries, we combine global scale with technology and service leadership. 40 percent of the world’s mobile traffic is carried over an Ericsson network. And, our Technology for Good and Connect to Learn programs include creating technology that makes it easier to save lives, feed societies, bring technology to emerging markets and connectivity to remote areas, and grow businesses and prosperity.
At Ericsson, we give our employees the freedom to think big and navigate their career, on a global scale. We create technology that helps others, from helping people enjoy their favourite content to helping people recover from natural disasters by enabling better communications between rescue workers. Your ideas and innovations can turn into achievements that impact society and change the world, creating new connections, new possibilities, and new capabilities. We find that Ericsson is at its best when we bring together the diverse skills of our people. Working across business areas, across cultures, across geographical borders, across technical disciplines. More often than not, across ground-breaking solutions. Next generation technology can be staggeringly complex. But the simpler it is to use; the more people benefit from it. Join us and help build technology that makes it simple to connect with information, business, societies, and each other.
The Radio Systems - Technical Coordinator is key technical leadership role in Systems Management within PDU Radio. You will drive and own radio systemization activities for new radio products (e.g. 5G radios), with a major focus on systemization and design in the early phase and also in product development.
You will drive technical requirements, investigations and studies into the implementation teams. You will be part of an exciting journey starting with requirements derived from customer requests through strategic product management, into a phase of study and continuous analysis and requirement break-down into radio, node, and RAN levels. You will work as the systems technical leader of a group of talented developers in various systemization tasks.
PDU Radio products is working with all cutting-edge technologies and products including 5G radios.
Responsibilities & Tasks
- Drive Radio related technical studies and strategies
- Drive RAN and Node level system related technical studies
- Perform Continuous Analysis.
- Interact with Product Management and technical experts to define the product requirements
- Lead/participate in systemization work in early phases of product systemization
- Be responsible for product requirements, perform requirement breakdown to Radio level (SW and HW).
- Participate in development cost estimation
- Consider total cost of ownership and customer demand aspects in radio product development
- Evolve the Radio HW and SW architecture and system level design to meet the product requirements
- Lead & manage different teams within systems and design departments globally
- Product Development Knowledge and Product Life Cycle Management Knowledge
- Good understanding of Telecom industry, telecom standardization, wireless network systems (GSM/WCDMA/CDMA/LTE/TD-LTE/5G)
- Good knowledge of Lean & Agile are the key for product development
- Planning, self-organization, self-motivation
- Teamwork and networking skills
- Abstract thinking
- Creativity and Innovation
- Result oriented
- High focus on meeting customer expectations
- Broad competence on Ericsson Radio portfolio
- Experience in System Design, and HW or SW development
- Knowledge of requirement flow from product management through customer release
- Good understanding of Continuous improvement is part of the daily work
Minimum Qualifications & Experience Requirements:
- MSc level in a technical discipline or the equivalent level of knowledge
- Fluency in English oral as well as written
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in product development in telecom or relevant areas
- Have certain level of understanding on Project management
You ideally have:
- Radio Requirement refinement and allocation skills (from RAN, RBS-level to Radio level)
- Radio design implementation, integration and verification
- Broad competence within both Radio and Digital functionality
- Customer interaction related experience
- Documented work as technical leader in advanced technical projects including both HW and SW with team sizes from 5-50 people.
The selection and interview process is ongoing. Therefore, send in your application in English as soon as possible.
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Sweden (SE) || || Stockholm || R&D
Req ID: 254849