Principal Account Manager
What does your future look like?
We are on the brink of the Networked Society - a technology revolution that will change the world for good through instant global connections and expanded freedom and opportunity.
Ericsson is a world leader in the rapidly changing environment of communications technology – providing equipment, software and services to enable transformation through mobility. Headquartered in Stockholm – Sweden, Ericsson is a publicly listed company with more than 115,000 employees. More than 180 countries use Ericsson equipment and more than 40 percent of the world's mobile traffic passes through Ericsson networks. Technology is at the heart of our business. Ericsson engineers, researchers and scientists around the world are working on what’s next in information, communications and telecommunications (ICT).
A connected world is just the beginning. Your passion determines what comes next! Apply your ideas and insights to empowering people, business and society.
YOU + ERICSSON a powerful combination
We are looking for a Melbourne-based Account Manager to secure short and long-term profitable business for Ericsson through proactive business development based on a fundamental understanding of our customers’ business, operations and objectives. In this role, you will actively manage and mobilize internal resources to deliver efficient and effective end-to-end solutions in IP and Optical Transport allowing seamless transition from sales to operations. You will need to develop both internal and external relations in order to actively contribute to making customers and Ericsson successful.
- Sales responsibility for IP and Optical Transport portfolio with a key customer
- Manage the day to day operations and delivery of a large account - locally and internationally
- Create and build on sales opportunities that will generate profitability sales
- Maximize customer relationships and loyalty
- Manage a successful team of three senior sales staff
- Optimise the account team’s performance and to enable seamless transition to operations
- Manage the sales and delivery aspects of the account
- A technical education background will be highly regarded, i.e. Engineering or other industry relevant tertiary qualification
- Min 5 years of experience of relationship sales and 5 years from the ICT industry
- Understanding of domain and the optical product set
- Consultative selling skills and commercial understanding
- You will need to have customer and market insight as well as strong negotiation skills
- Leadership or line management experience
**Please note, this role involves up to 25% travel, including approx. 1 trip per month to Hong Kong
- Innovative and creative
- Social ability and interpersonal skills
- Intellectual ability and critical thinking
- Accountable and committed with a passion to win
- Perseverant and result oriented
Ericsson offers a truly global company, with a diverse, performance-driven culture, an innovative and engaging environment and opportunities to work across borders. Our employees live our vision, core values and guiding principles – sharing a passion to win and a high responsiveness to customer needs that in turn makes us a desirable partner to our clients.
In Australia, we are known for delivering “World-1st” projects for Australia's largest and most renowned telecommunications carriers. This is a chance to play a critical role in the success of the Ericsson organisation in Australia, whilst providing you with a fantastic career development opportunity and the chance to work alongside the brightest minds in our industry.
We invite you to join our team as we work together to solve the world’s biggest challenges.
Follow us social media –
We will not be providing a work permit/visa for this position
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics. Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities.
Please Note: We are only interested in applications from individuals and are not interested in any speculative calls or submissions from Recruitment Agencies.