Solution Architect Packet Core
Responsible for analyzing, designing, developing and delivering commercially viable end-to-end Packet Core technical solutions based on the customers specifications and business needs.
Responsible for efficient service delivery and service scoping of Ericsson EPC solutions, being part of or working closely with the Core 3 team to translate the customer need and technology opportunities into detailed technical offerings, solutions, and services.
Commercial knowledge and skills
Good understanding of market development and technology trends in Evolved Packet Core area, how solutions are addressing those market challenges, main customer values of using these solutions in mobile domain.
Understanding of Mobile Broadband Monetization.
Ability to create advanced use cases (directly translated to the market) by configuration.
Ability to present thoughts and complex concepts to end customers.
Understanding how to take a consultative sales approach to sell the Policy Control Solutions.
Understanding how to use the SPIN methodology is an advantage.
Technical knowledge and skills
1. Policy Control
Excellent knowledge of Policy Charging and Control concepts and mechanisms in 3GPP architecture:
- Service Authorization
- Throttling (BW management)
- QoS Control based on service needs
- Bearer QoS Control
- P2P Control
- Tethering control with PCEF/DPI
- Content Filtering
- Fair Usage Control
- Charging Control
- E-mail & SMS notifications
- Flexible output AVP definition
Several years of experience in Policy Control Solutions Design and Integration / Operation.
2. EPC and IP Networking
Excellent knowledge of Packet Core concepts and mechanisms in 3GPP architecture:
- Mobile Core architecture
- Subscriber Authentication and Authorization
- Mobility Management
- Session Management
- QoS mechanisms
- Off-line and On-line charging
- TCP/IP and Routing
- SPI/DPI and Heuristic analysis
Several years of experience in Packet Core Solution Design and Integration / Operation.
1. General responsibilities
The SA job role general responsibilities are:
- Drives end-to-end technical solution
- Conducts in-depth discussions with customers regarding the technology strategy and key challenges
- Contribute to business case modeling around the customer solution
- Analyze customer technology and business environment & requirements
- Investigate current customer network
- Analyze customer improvement areas and challenges related to technology and business
- Lead Solution Readiness workshop
- Work with Core 3 team on list of potential activities and solutions
- Develop technical presentation
- Translate and address customer requirements into technical solutions and services offerings
- Scopes, defines, designs and delivers solutions
- Contribute to creating proposal
- Find possible reuse of documents
- Lead and contribute to solutions creation and description
- Provide cost/effort estimates and pricing to solution
- Propose suitable 3PP with requirements for solution
- Design customer adaptations
- Specify hardware and software to order
- Provide input into technical resource requirements
- Perform customer presentation
- Present solution internally within Ericsson
- Handshake solution with stakeholders
- Provide technical support and input to delivery team
- Lead delivery team or/and take part of delivery phase
- Support PMO with technical solution structure
- Manage resolution of technical problems
- Prepare for Solution Life Cycle Management
- Define, clarify and agree customer requirements
- Participate in risk analysis
- Describes acceptance criteria and defines billable acceptance milestones for the proposed solution and ensures acceptance activities are limited to the Statement of Work
- Knowledge transfer & reuse
- Participate in on-the-job training
- Read up on new technology / technical areas
- Develop course material as SME
- Share information about solution to enable customer competence build
- Coach and mentor to enable internal competence build
- Support deployment of solution
- Make presentations of solutions in seminars / conferences
- Provide feedback to R&D
- Give input to project-one-pages
- Contribute to SA or other relevant communities within Ericsson
2. Specific responsibilities
The Packet Core Solution Architect will be responsible for:
- Communicating with Customer, Key Account Manager, Customer Project Manager, Solution Architect, CSI Program Director, Consultant, and Technical SME CU and other team members in order to create an aligned technical solutions and commercial offers in the area of Policy Control, Packet Core nodes (PGW, SGW, MME) and adjacent areas like Traffic Optimization nodes (Gi nodes), User Data Management and NMS/BSS.
- Interpreting customer requirements into Ericsson products and solutions configuration requirements including dimensioning and feature set;
- Creating Policy Control and Packet Core solutions using both Native and Virtualized products;
- Taking a lead role as SA from opportunity identification to final solution acceptance.
- Preparing a high and low level design and perform system configuration;
- Integrating prepared solutions into customer network, testing and support until passing it to Customer Support organization;
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Russian Federation (RU) || || Moscow || SalesStratMkt&ComMgt
Job details: Integration Engineer Job Stage 06