Data Platform Developer
YOU + Ericsson a powerful combination
A connected world is just the beginning. Your passion determines what comes next! Apply your ideas and insights to empowering people, business and society.
Discover what makes YOU + ERICSSON a powerful combination.
Ericsson Hungary is looking for Platform Developer.
Working in an agile team, as a Data Platform Software Developer you will be responsible for analysing, breaking down and implement technical requirements with maintaining the quality of the Ericsson Expert Analytics product.
ERICSSON EXPERT ANALYTICS
Ericsson Expert Analytics is a powerful new tool offered to telecom operators producing immediately actionable customer insights in real time. Backed by specialized metrics for predicting customer satisfaction, Ericsson Expert Analytics provides the kind of deep understanding of customer behavior that allows service providers to proactively improve experience, satisfaction, average revenue per user and Net Promoter Score.
We are expanding our Budapest Expert Analytics development and support organization. We work in small teams that use Agile methodology to keep up in a fast paced business environment, we closely cooperate with Ericsson Research, customer units and service delivery organization. Our product platform combines Big Data methodologies and solutions with our unique complex event processing to create a state of the art analytics and decision management system.
- Design and drive the implementation of data platform functional and non-functional requirements working in an agile team
- Integrate, package, uplift and maintain different platform components including 3PPs related to the OS, the management services and the Hadoop stack
- Be an owner of the implemented functionality: from design and implementation to production troubleshooting with high quality
- Work closely together with the design team members and also other teams in the organization (release verification team, product documentation)
- Mentor/coach junior design team members during day to day work
- Be responsible for the quality of the technical solution
- Drive innovation by coming up with new ideas related to our product/our processes
- A MS/BS degree in Computer Science or related
- Solid knowledge in Linux, build environment (Groovy, Jenkins), deployment tools (Ansible) and 3PP integration
- Experience with Big Data Technologies (Hadoop, MapR, Cloudera, HBASE, HDFS, Spark)
- Knowledge of the 3PPs used in the Hadoop ecosystem (Zabbix, Redis, Kafka, Phoenix etc)
- Experties in Java, Python, bash
- Familiar with different virtualization and orchestration technologies (docker, kubernetes, Azure)
- Experience working in a collaborative environment using agile methodology is desirable
- Telecommunication domain knowledge is a strong advantage
- Pragmatic problem skills
- Communication skills
What we offer:
- Flexible working hours
- High standard working environment (recreation room, bicycle storage, parking lots…)
- Easily accessible location
- Competitive compensation package, wide range of cafeteria elements, annual bonus
- International career opportunities
- Great team spirit, fun events
- Professional communities
- Extensive professional development opportunities
- Subsidized language courses
- Mobile with 4G, laptop
- Local medical service
- Relocation support
What you need to know about Recruitment at Ericsson?
As a first step within our selection process, you will be asked to fill out our technical tests based on your experience and preference to work in.
The candidates who best match the criteria for the position, will move on to the next step in the process – the interview.
Ericsson is a world-leading provider of telecommunications equipment & services to mobile & fixed network operators. Over 1,000 networks in more than 180 countries use Ericsson equipment, & more than 40 percent of the world's mobile traffic passes through Ericsson networks. Using innovation to empower people, business & society, we are working towards the Networked Society, in which everything that can benefit from a connection will have one. At Ericsson, we apply our innovation to market-based solutions that empower people & society to help shape a more sustainable world.
We are truly a global company, working across borders in 175 countries, offering a diverse, performance-driven culture & an innovative & engaging environment where employees enhance their potential everyday. Our employees live our vision & core values. They share a passion to win & a high responsiveness to customer needs that in turn makes us a desirable partner to our clients. To ensure professional growth, Ericsson offers a stimulating work experience, continuous learning & growth opportunities that allow you to acquire the knowledge & skills necessary to reach your career goals.
We welcome the opportunity to meet you!
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Hungary (HU) || || Budapest || R&D
Req ID: 254575