Cloud/NFVI Solution Architect
What does your future look like?
We are on the brink of the Networked Society - a technology revolution that will change the world for good through instant global connections and expanded freedom and opportunity.
Ericsson is a world leader in the rapidly changing environment of communications technology – providing equipment, software and services to enable transformation through mobility. Headquartered in Stockholm – Sweden, Ericsson is a publically listed company with more than 115,000 employees
More than 180 countries use Ericsson equipment and more than 40 percent of the world's mobile traffic passes through Ericsson networks. Technology is at the heart of our business. Ericsson engineers, researchers and scientists around the world are working on what’s next in information, communications and telecommunications (ICT).
A connected world is just the beginning. Your passion determines what comes next! Apply your ideas and insights to empowering people, business and society.
Come and discover what makes
YOU + ERICSSON a powerful combination
- Full time, permanent role
- Sydney based
- Opportunities for competence development in new technologies Containers, Kubernetes, MANO, etc.
We are looking for a Solution Architect, who will be responsible for analyzing, designing and developing commercially viable and scalable end-to-end technical solutions for the customers. In this role, you will also be accountable for providing profitable business for Ericsson by translating customer needs, and technology opportunities into detailed technical offering, solutions and proposals.
- Working with network solutions based on latest cloud/virtualization technologies with telecom and IT applications as well as network orchestration solutions
- Leading team of technical people for implementation of complex cloud network solutions
- Involved/driving network optimization programs for large networks
- Provide key inputs to implementation SOW to ensure completeness and appropriate scope, verification of Ericsson and 3rd-party product commitments in support of the architecture
- Communication with key stakeholders as to the architecture and implementation plan
- Opportunities for competence development in new technologies Containers, Kubernetes, MANO, etc
- Understanding system workflows to produce technical solutions to integrate vendor solutions to systems
- Involvement in pre-sales activities for new network solution and expansion of existing ones. Providing services scoping guidelines for implementation of complex network solutions
- Engaging business stakeholders in understanding potential technologies capabilities
- Managing customer expectations that will ensure implementation of customer solutions within agreed time, scope and cost.
- Cooperation with 3PP solution vendors/suppliers for establishment and integration of 3PP network solutions
As our ideal candidate, you will have:
- Tertiary qualification in IT, Computer Engineering, Engineering or equivalent Competence and proven work experience with Cloud Infrastructure / NFV programs
- Competence in cloud storage or networking is advantage
- Passion for technology and designing elegant solutions
- Experience in different solutions (e.g. AWS, MEC, PaaS, IaaS, etc) is big advantage
- Proven technical coordination skills of technical teams in program delivery activities Proven customer communication, consulting and management skills
- Ability to prioritise, work, and make decisions under pressure and time constraints
- Strong analytical mind and ability to break down problems to design appropriate solutions
- Experience designing complex network solution with scalable architectures with latest cloud technologies, based on functional and non-functional requirements
- Ability to build strong working relationships with both technical and business stakeholders
- Solid communication skills written and verbal and ability to break down solutions with different diagram techniques
- Strong initiative and self-starter able to investigate current landscape and find information to produce suitable solution design
- Must be a quick learner (without formal training), self-motivated with outstanding customer interface, communication and advocacy skills
- Solid understanding of the web: protocols, web architectures, infrastructure, load balancing and high availability and designing for horizontal scale
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Australia (AU) || || Sydney || IT
Job details: Solution Architect Job Stage 07