Junior Technology Developer (f/m) - Herzogenrath
In the beginning we revolutionized analogue communications with new switching techniques and technology. When the digital revolution came we were first there too. When broadband was in its infancy we were already working on the technology that would become 3G, and we were developing 4G long before the smartphone became ubiquitous. Now we lift communications into a new dimension with 5G.
Every innovation has a story of its own, with a lot of great people joining together to challenge traditional ways of thinking.
Junior Technology Developer (f/m)
Req. ID 254252
Location: Herzogenrath (Aachen)
Want to be part of a collaborative, fast paced, high performance team with direct executive team support working with disruptive technology? The Cloud Systems and Technology department at the Eurolab of Ericsson in Herzogenrath creates 5G Cloud solutions based on leading OpenSource technology. The introduction of real-time capable distributed clouds and the creation of highly reliable and secure container platforms for easy deployment of new applications are in the list of technologies we work with. A special focus is nowadays put on the use of artificial intelligence for workload placement and platform supervision. As part of our team you work with the creation of software prototypes (Proof of Concepts – PoCs), the evaluation of new technology especially created in OpenSource and the presentation of innovations at customer events and fairs.
- Actively contribute to Cloud technology leadership
- Guide technology innovation in the field of Cloud based solutions
- Influence based on your proven technology competence
- Play an active role in the Cloud solution development process feeding in generic solution development experience
- Drive knowledge sharing and learning
- Drive technology leadership beyond the current product horizon and supervise small PoC development teams
- Take a visible leadership role in projects with partners outside Ericsson
- Education: M.SC. in computer science or electrical engineering. First Experience in software development or/and passion for software development is a must.
- Deep knowledge about Containers, Cloud, advanced IP networking and IP solutions development
- Advanced programming skills in languages like Java and Python, any other programing language will be an advantage
- Experience with built-in artificial intelligence applications
- You have an innovative mindset and are well familiar with open source ways of working including the relevant tools
- “Can do” attitude, result driven and unconventional thinker, having an innovative mindset and inspire others
- Excellent English language skills
- You have a valid work permit to work in Germany
- Temporary Contract for 2 years, with an option for unlimited contract
- Being part of a team, where your contribution really matters
- An international working environment
- Good learning and personal development opportunities within the Ericsson Corporation
- Global, innovative projects that provide challenges for you
- Flexibility in the way and time you work
The ambition is high. That is why we are seeking experienced individuals to accelerate the momentum in our region. Please send your English CV via the Ericsson jobsite at www.ericsson.com/careers. For queries, you are welcome to contact Varvara (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Discover what makes YOU + ERICSSON a powerful combination ericsson.com
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Germany (DE) || || Herzogenrath || R&D
Req ID: 254252