Cloud, SDN and NFVi - Competency Manager
Ericsson enables communications service providers to capture the full value of connectivity. The company’s portfolio spans Networks, Digital Services, Managed Services, and Emerging Business and is designed to help our customers go digital, increase efficiency, find new revenue streams, and create new user experiences. Ericsson’s investments in innovation have delivered the benefits of telephony and mobile broadband to billions of people around the world ensuring our solutions – and our customers – are at the forefront of innovation. We support networks that connect more than 2.5 billion subscribers. With over 90,000 employees and customers in 180 countries, we combine global scale with technology and service leadership. 40 percent of the world’s mobile traffic is carried over an Ericsson network. And, our Technology for Good and Connect to Learn programs include creating technology that makes it easier to save lives, feed societies, bring technology to emerging markets and connectivity to remote areas, and grow businesses and prosperity.
At Ericsson, we give our employees the freedom to think big and navigate their career, on a global scale. We create technology that helps others, from helping people enjoy their favourite content to helping people recover from natural disasters by enabling better communications between rescue workers. Your ideas and innovations can turn into achievements that impact society and change the world, creating new connections, new possibilities, and new capabilities. We find that Ericsson is at its best when we bring together the diverse skills of our people. Working across business areas, across cultures, across geographical borders, across technical disciplines. More often than not, across ground-breaking solutions. Next generation technology can be staggeringly complex. But the simpler it is to use; the more people benefit from it. Join us and help build technology that makes it simple to connect with information, business, societies, and each other.
We are now looking for a Service Delivery Line Manager, are you interested? In this role, you will ensure customer value and happiness through an efficient service delivery.
As an SDM (Service Delivery Manager), you will support service sales directly or indirectly via the unit resources as you understand and align with the overall service delivery processes, models, and strategies. You will have a role in the line organization (the operational organization), with the purpose to lead their area of responsibility aligned with the instructions. You will collaborate to ensure that work is executed within the scope of OHS requirements. All activities in the Ericsson group are performed under the responsibility of one or more Line Managers. Line Managers act per the Ericsson Leadership Framework and promote Ericsson's values, ethics and culture of the organization to ensure excellent performance.
- Education: M.SC, MBA or equivalent through experience
- 12+ years of experience required
- Deep understanding of Service Delivery process, models, and strategy
- Knowledge of the sales process
- Customer and market insight
- Excellent Social and communication skills
- Financial acumen and skills
- Formulating strategies and concepts
- Adhering to principles and values
- Leading, supervising, and responding to change in a high pace environment.
- The candidate
- should have minimum 12-18 years of IT experience
- Should have working experience in at-least one or more Unix related technologies
- should have managed team of 15 or above providing managed services operations to clients
- should have working knowledge on Cloud, SDN and NFVi
- should have working experience in Openstack solutions
- should have knowledge and experience in Ericsson products such as CEE, ECM, SDN
- should have experience in delivering services to SLA based contracts
- should have knowledge experience in integration of cloud with service management, monitoring and automation tool
- should have proven record in operations improvement in terms of process, tools and automation
- You will ensure service delivery execution
- Responsible for driving and supporting services sales
- Build a productive work environment for individuals and own organization
- Drive performance management (process)
- Drive competence management
- Conduct Resource management
- Look after unit finance within your group
- The competency manager is responsible
- to manage highly skilled Cloud, SDN and NFVi operations and SME team
- to bring in integrated pro-active operations across cloud, SDN, tool sets and automation
- pro-active planning and on time resource fulfillment to meet the transition timelines
- to ensure the SLAs and performances related to contractual commitments are met with respect to Response, resolution, etc.
- to create and execute competency development plan around the Cloud, SDN and NFVi portfolio
- to work with tools and automation team very closely for integration and automation (SME support)
- identify and establish best practices around pro-active operations such as Health checks, monitoring, etc.
- establish interlocks with PDUs, CS, tools team, etc for effective governance
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics. Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development. Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.