Database Administrator - Cassandra (noSQL)
- The Database Administrator is responsible for database administration, performance monitoring and tuning, capacity planning, new database implementation, security, patches and upgrades. He/she troubleshoots problems related to databases, enforces policies and standards for all database activities, ensures all databases including the backups are healthy, monitors as well as maintains and organises reporting for the databases.
- The database implementation to be maintained shall be linked to Telco Grade BSS applications, which are highly critical to business environment
- Responsible for developing, establishing and enforcing policies and standards for all the database activities, to ensure that they are consistent with industry best practices.
- Work to ensure that the associated hardware resources allocated to the databases and to ensure high resilience and performance tuning. Provide the optimum solution in Server, Storage, Networking and Middle ware services
- Proactively monitor the database systems to ensure secure services with minimum downtime Should have strong Knowledge about the architecture and troubleshooting of Database Concepts / Features.
- Good knowledge and experience in troubleshooting Performance Issues and Preparing RCA's.
- Develop stored procedures, triggers, indexes, and views in support of development projects.
- Academic degree in engineering (IT, Telecom) or 3-5 years’ experience of deploy system test and lead testing team.
- 2+ years of experience
- Domain experience: noSQL DB, Cassandra preferable
- Troubleshooting the Databases Setup Failure Issues. Should be good in troubleshooting Cluster Failover Issues and analyzing the log Files
- Should have knowledge about new features in Databases and implementing them.
- Design and implement DR scenarios and optimize RTOs and RPOs as per Business requirements.
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Ukraine (UA) || || Kiev || IT
Job details: IT System Expert Job Stage 06