At Ericsson we are committed to enabling new means of communication through our innovation and creativity. We are passionate about driving innovation which we reinforce through initatives such as "Technology for Good" and "Mobile Communications to Education for All".
The applications we build in our software campus in Athlone make it possible for billions of people to communicate with each other, surf the web and engage with social media on their smart devices every day. Ensuring that everyone has the best possible experience is important to us and we, #TeamEricsson, take that seriously. We develop software that manages mobile networks all over the world. Through our focus on continuous innovation, we deliver leading-edge solutions to meet our customers demands.
Do you enjoy finding innovative solutions in software? Then Ericsson Athlone is the place for you. We are now looking for a Scrum Master.
The Scrum Master is a servant-leader for the Agile team, supporting its creation of high-value deliverables to customers and its progress towards high performance.
The Scrum Master works to:
- Facilitate the Scrum ceremonies
- Coach the team and Product Owner (PO) in Scrum values, practices, and rules
- Shield the team and educates others about the team WoW
- Remove team and external impediments to ensure team deliver on commitments
Facilitate the Scrum ceremonies
The Scrum Master facilitates the effective operation of Scrum events and ceremonies as needed, including but not limited to:
- Sprint planning
- Daily stand up
- Sprint retrospectives
- Team based release planning
Coach the team and Product Owner (PO) in Scrum values, practices, and rules
The Scrum Master coaches the team by championing the practices and principles of the Agile Manifesto in addition to Scrum values and ensures these improvements are adopted in the team.
The Scrum Master supports the PO by researching and sharing techniques to facilitate effective backlog management so that backlog items are clearly understood from an end perspective by the cross functional team.
Shield the team and educates others about the team WoW
In order for a cross functional team to remain focused on their sprint and release commitments the Scrum Master shields the team from external interference.
The Scrum Master offers education on the Scrum practices to those who do not yet fully understand the way of working of the cross functional team so that they can increase and improve the adoption of Scrum in the organization.
Remove team and external impediments to ensure team deliver on commitments
Where the team is unable to remove impediments to meeting sprint commitments the Scrum Master takes responsibility for working with the relevant external parties to address any issues that occur so that they do not negatively impact commitments going forward.
The Scrum Master utilizes the appropriate escalation channels when needed to gain support in the removal of impediments when they are unable to so themselves.
Skills & Experience
The ideal Scrum Master candidate will have:
- Deep experience of Software Engineering (especially C++ or Java programming)
- Experience in working in a continuous delivery software production environment
- Stays up-to-date with telecoms and technological advancements
- A deep knowledge of Agile approaches including Scrum and the ability to leverage other techniques to provide value to a team
- Strong coaching skills and the ability to understand and develop key aspects of collaboration and self and social awareness in the team
- Excellent interpersonal, listening and communication skills
- The ability to build trust and openness in interactions within and outside the team
- Well-developed leadership and problem-solving skills, including the ability to help the team in handling failures and setbacks to the teams effective performance
- The ability to understand and to relate effectively to the technical roles within the team
- The ability to understand and to relate effectively to the business, technical and organizational context in which the team is operating
- Excellent facilitation skills
- Ability to facilitate team learning and continuous improvement in operating Scrum and in implementing and improving relevant engineering practices
- 3rd level degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related discipline.
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Ireland (IE) || Athlone || R&D
Job details: Developer Job Stage 06