Connected Vehicle - Solution Architect
Connectivity is changing the way we view and interact with our cars. The entire automotive industry is currently being transformed by connectivity, autonomous driving, electrification, and re-defined business models. Ericsson is taking a leading part in shaping the future of vehicles with our IoT and Connected Vehicle solutions.
Ericsson’s Connected Vehicle solutions caters to the global automotive industry’s need for scalability, security and flexibility when connecting products and services. In a rapidly changing landscape, Ericsson helps vehicle manufacturers handle fast-evolving factors with full support for development and solution management. Our connected vehicle solutions enable value-adding services while providing robust and secure global connectivity for Automotive OEMs and Fleet Operators.
Our solutions are based on modern cloud technologies and we build our solutions on the Ericsson IoT platforms.
We are now looking for a new Solution Architect to work with our Connected Vehicles solutions. As a Solution Architect you are responsible for analyzing, designing, and developing commercially viable end-to-end technical solutions for our customers. You are also part of the R&D system management team for our Connect Vehicle product development organization where you are part of defining our product. In this role, you will be accountable for providing profitable business for Ericsson by translating customer needs, and technology opportunities into detailed technical offering, solutions, and proposals. You are working directly with both our customers and our R&D team in creating the future of Connected Vehicles.
You will be working with customers all over the world and you will work closely together with the IoT and Connected Vehicles Product Development team in Gothenburg to help build and shape our products according to the requirements of the future of connected vehicles.
We think that you are someone with experience from working directly with customers in designing complex technical solutions. You are someone who loves delighting the customers by constantly delivering high quality solutions to their challenging problems. You have a passion for technology and is not afraid of taking on the challenge of quickly learning about new technologies and new business requirements. We also think that you have a clear vision about the future that you like to share with others so that you can work together to make that vision reality. You want to be part of shaping the future of the connected vehicle.
- Scope, define and design solution offerings; driving end-to-end technical solutions
- Analyze customer technology, define business requirements and participate in risk analysis
- Work with core team on list of potential activities and solutions
- Develop technical presentations and proposals, and perform customer presentations
- Perform technical studies to evaluate technologies and design new solution components
- Provide feedback to R&D and support in shaping the roadmap of our Connected Vehicle solutions
- Support deployment of solution
- Participate in knowledge transfer, documentation, and information sharing
- Stay abreast of on new technology/technical areas and share information about solution to enable customer competence build
- Business understanding of IoT, Cloud Solutions, or Connected Vehicle domain
- Domain experience: SaaS Delivery, Connected Vehicle Solutions, IoT, Telematics Service Development, Software architecture design, Public Cloud Architecture
- Strong technical understanding of cloud service development and deployment
- Strong influencing, people, and networking skills
- Innovating, adapting and responding to change
- Delivering results and meeting customer expectations
- Experience from working in an international environment
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills
- Planning and Organizing
- Strong negotiation skills
- Business requirement breakdown and technical analysis
The candidate selection is ongoing, so we are looking forward to receiving your application today.
Last day to apply: 30th of November 2018
Primary location of the role: Gothenburg
Contact person: Primary Recruiter: Failsal Noor (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Sweden (SE) || || Göteborg || R&D
Req ID: 253096