Student Radio Access Network (RAN) Integration engineer
YOU + Ericsson a powerful combination
A connected world is just the beginning. Your passion determines what comes next! Apply your ideas and insights to empowering people, business and society.
Discover what makes YOU + ERICSSON a powerful combination.
Ericsson Hungary is looking for Student Radio Access Network (RAN) Integration engineer.
We are looking for a student who can join our Radio Access Network (RAN) expertise team and help us to excel in our activities for testing, integration, implementation and verification of the latest RAN technologies.
Your scope of work may include participating in Lab testing, software upgrades, new feature and function testing and implementations, network rollouts, capacity expansions, etc.
You will love this role if you like “playing with” various network elements, writing scripts, troubleshooting, etc, in a good and inspiring atmosphere.
You will have opportunities to understand and closely see how the latest telecom networks work, and can participate many kind of practical activities in relation with it, especially the RAN part.
- Become a useful member of the unit and the project team whom you work with
- Participate in our integration, feature/product testing and software verification activities
- Conduct simpler configuration changes in both Lab and live network environment
- Share with us your fresh views and help identifying and driving improvements
- Constantly develop your competences
- Fluency in English both written and oral
- Ongoing BSc or MSc studies in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or similar at a Hungarian college/university
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Strong hands-on mentality and flexibility to perform whatever task that needs to be done to contribute in our activites
- Willing to learn all aspects of RAN integration, from testing and verification through configuration and troubleshooting
- Passion and engagement in constantly making things better
- Good planning and organizing skills
- Understanding of telecom networks and technologies, especially RAN area
- IP networking concepts and packet analysis (e.g., Ethernet, TCP/IP, wireshark / tcpdump)
- Experience in programming and shell scripting (e.g., Python, perl, etc.)
What we offer:
- Flexible working hours
- High standard working environment (recreation room, bicycle storage, parking lots…)
- Easily accessible location
- Competitive compensation package, wide range of cafeteria elements, annual bonus
- International career opportunities
- Great team spirit, fun events
- Professional communities
- Extensive professional development opportunities
- Subsidized language courses
- Mobile with 4G, laptop
- Local medical service
- Relocation support
What you need to know about Recruitment at Ericsson?
As a first step within our selection process, you will be asked to fill out our technical tests based on your experience and preference to work in.
The candidates who best match the criteria for the position, will move on to the next step in the process – the interview.
Ericsson is a world-leading provider of telecommunications equipment & services to mobile & fixed network operators. Over 1,000 networks in more than 180 countries use Ericsson equipment, & more than 40 percent of the world's mobile traffic passes through Ericsson networks. Using innovation to empower people, business & society, we are working towards the Networked Society, in which everything that can benefit from a connection will have one. At Ericsson, we apply our innovation to market-based solutions that empower people & society to help shape a more sustainable world.
We are truly a global company, working across borders in 175 countries, offering a diverse, performance-driven culture & an innovative & engaging environment where employees enhance their potential everyday. Our employees live our vision & core values. They share a passion to win & a high responsiveness to customer needs that in turn makes us a desirable partner to our clients. To ensure professional growth, Ericsson offers a stimulating work experience, continuous learning & growth opportunities that allow you to acquire the knowledge & skills necessary to reach your career goals.
We welcome the opportunity to meet you!
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Hungary (HU) || || Budapest || R&D
Req ID: 252652