Customer Project Manager - New Product Introduction
Customer Project Manager – New Product Introduction
What does your future look like?
We are on the brink of the Networked Society - a technology revolution that will change the world for good through instant global connections and expanded freedom and opportunity.
Ericsson is a world leader in the rapidly changing environment of communications technology – providing equipment, software and services to enable transformation through mobility. Headquartered in Stockholm – Sweden, Ericsson is a publically listed company with more than 95,000 employees globally.
More than 180 countries use Ericsson equipment and more than 40 percent of the world's mobile traffic passes through Ericsson networks. Technology is at the heart of our business. Ericsson engineers, researchers and scientists around the world are working on what’s next in information, communications and telecommunications (ICT).
A connected world is just the beginning. Your passion determines what comes next! Apply your ideas and insights to empowering people, business and society.
Come and discover what makes YOU + ERICSSON a powerful combination
We welcome the opportunity to meet you!
In this role, you will:
Lead the planning and delivery of radio access network (RAN) new product hardware, software and feature implementation against a statement of work. You will be an experienced Customer Project Manager with detailed knowledge of Ericsson RAN products (hardware, software and features), functionally reporting to the Customer Operations Manager, working in a matrix organisation under a Program Director and with line management to the Manager of the Program Office.
This Radio Access Network (RAN) project is an establishment project and requires a high skill set to manage extensive program complexities including being a high profile and prime point of contact to the customer, establishment of the Ericsson brand for RAN delivery and interconnection with dependent Ericsson programs, development of new ways of working between organisations with a focus on continued business development and future strategic positioning.
As our ideal candidate, you will have:
- Experience with leading delivery of radio access network rollout of new product introduction for a major client as Senior Customer Project Manager
- Experience with working in Telecommunications Project Management, operational delivery roles and/or program management using the Prop-C process
- Experience with establishing a project plan baseline: defining project scope, securing the necessary resources and planning and monitoring all activities
- Experience with driving project execution: tracking project activities, monitoring and handling changes, conflicts and critical issues
- Experience with handling customer and partner engagement: managing customer relationship building confidence and trust, ensuring project progress arranging meetings, engaging in commercial negotiation and be able to manage dispute resolution
- Skills with strong financial management and be comfortable tracking, reporting and doing analysis on the same - monitoring and handling changes, conflicts and critical issues and developing an understanding of sensitivities and predictive modelling
- Experience with being able to handle customer and partner engagement: managing relationships through building confidence and trust, engaging in commercial negotiation and being able to manage dispute resolution
- Experience with manage key internal stakeholders on program performance and assist with building virtual team capability, efficiency and operational skills
- Experience with developing business: participating to contract preparation and to pre-sales meetings
- Experience with develop the Customer Project Manager disciplines: simplifying processes, methods and tools with creative ideas
Your qualifications will include:
- Education: Bachelor Degree or equivalent industry experience, Project Management certification (PMP, IPMA-C or PRINCE 2 Practitioner Level) and leadership training
- Min years of experience: 5 years industry experience in telecommunication networks with at least 3 years in a Project Management role.
- Experience with different types of customers, their business and the ability to adapt to a customer’s culture, processes and ways of working
- Demonstrated business and financial acumen including a broad understanding of profitability, cash flow, performance measures and value creation. Advanced understanding and experience with project finance.
- Negotiation, persuading & influencing skills to manage stakeholders, customer expectations while driving business growth
- Able to work under pressure, resolve issues and disputes and maintain a delivery culture
- Excellent project management skills, techniques and activities to enable successful remote project management
- A keen sense of Occupational Health & Safety (OHS) management and execution
- Experience at leading virtual teams, including third parties with maintenance of successful delivery
- The ability to be a role model in knowledge sharing, influencing colleagues to share knowledge globally
- Excellent planning & organizing skills with the ability to show consistent performance with cost management, quality of delivery and schedule management during project planning, execution and closure
- Have a good understanding of local market trends in Telecom/ICT and general knowledge about main competitors
- Proficiency with the English Language
You will also be able to demonstrate:
- Experience managing and negotiating with 3rd Parties (ASPs)
- High level of competence in Corporate finance and project management systems, Microsoft Excel, Powerpoint and information management
Ericsson offers a truly global company, with a diverse, performance-driven culture, an innovative and engaging environment and opportunities to work across borders. Our employees live our vision, core values and guiding principles – sharing a passion to win and a high responsiveness to customer needs that in turn makes us a desirable partner to our clients.
In Australia, we are known for delivering “World-1st” projects for Australia's largest and most renowned telecommunications carriers. This is a chance to play a critical role in the success of the Ericsson organisation in Australia, whilst providing you with a fantastic career development opportunity and the chance to work alongside the brightest minds in our industry.
We invite you to join our team as we work together to solve the world’s biggest challenges.
This position is located in Sydney.
Follow us social media –
We will not be providing a work permit/visa for this position
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics. Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities.
Please Note: We are only interested in applications from individuals and are not interested in any speculative calls or submissions from Recruitment Agencies.
Primary country and city: Australia (AU) || || Melbourne || IT