Head of IT Cloud Operations
What does your future look like?
We are on the brink of the Networked Society - a technology revolution that will change the world for good through instant global connections and expanded freedom and opportunity.
Ericsson is a world leader in the rapidly changing environment of communications technology – providing equipment, software and services to enable transformation through mobility. Headquartered in Stockholm – Sweden, Ericsson is a publically listed company with more than 115,000 employees
More than 180 countries use Ericsson equipment and more than 40 percent of the world's mobile traffic passes through Ericsson networks. Technology is at the heart of our business. Ericsson engineers, researchers and scientists around the world are working on what’s next in information, communications and telecommunications (ICT).
A connected world is just the beginning. Your passion determines what comes next! Apply your ideas and insights to empowering people, business and society.
Come and discover what makes YOU + ERICSSON a powerful combination
We welcome the opportunity to meet you!
The Head of IT Cloud Operations is accountable for the managed services contract profitability, customer satisfaction and fulfilment.
You will build and manage a technology team across infrastructure to successfully deliver innovation and change whilst utilising and optimising current systems.
In this role;
- Be the key interface to our customer, where you will manage and develop the customer relationship
- Create efficient operations, through KPI / SLA monitoring and process control for a dynamic multi-site Private Cloud deployment
- Provide proactive maintenance and react rapidly to change
- Manage the customer interface with respect to all service delivery, ensuring that all services are delivered according to contractual obligations.
- Be responsible for the line management of the Cloud infrastructure organisation, acting as people leader for the entire Managed Service Operation end to end.
- You are responsible for business case fulfilment and identifying add-on sales opportunities and ensuring continuous improvement
- 10 + years of IT experience in a customer facing leadership role
- 2 + years of Operations experience in a leadership role running a Cloud environment, OpenStack preferred
- Tertiary Qualification in IT / Computer Science or related discipline.
- Ability to display depth of knowledge around cloud infrastructure
- Demonstrated experience in leading & delivering technology transformation programs of work
- Previous experience in leading a team in a cloud environment, as part of a large program, along with providing guidance, coaching and mentoring.
- Experience with SLAs KPIs and performance monitoring
- Demonstrated experience in a customer facing role, working with senior stakeholders
- Demonstrated experience in a managing a mixed workforce of onshore and offshore resources
- Excellent communication and articulation skills.
Ericsson offers a truly global company, with a diverse, performance-driven culture, an innovative and engaging environment and opportunities to work across borders. Our employees live our vision, core values and guiding principles – sharing a passion to win and a high responsiveness to customer needs that in turn makes us a desirable partner to our clients.
In Australia, we are known for delivering “World-1st” projects for Australia's largest and most renowned telecommunications carriers. This is a chance to play a critical role in the success of the Ericsson organisation in Australia, whilst providing you with a fantastic career development opportunity and the chance to work alongside the brightest minds in our industry.
We invite you to join our team as we work together to solve the world’s biggest challenges.
Follow us social media –
We will not be providing a work permit/visa for this position
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics. Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities.
Please Note: We are only interested in applications from individuals and are not interested in any speculative calls or submissions from Recruitment Agencies.
Primary country and city: Australia (AU) || || Melbourne || IT